Verified:

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 14th 2010, 8:32:36

iphone apps undergo quite a lot of scrutiny in the development by apple. Potentially a headache for a developer who isn't really getting paid for their work.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Naminef Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 17:00:58

just a word to the wise. remove posts like this one that talk about the death of the game before the facebook stuff goes live.

Ayahuasca Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 18:47:01

Yeah AxA works like crazy to get people back to the game ha.

We also keep things going with a ton of mafia games with other alliances.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 18:47:59

sadly i've to agree with slag, alliance ain't fun to play unless plays at 20+ members alliance.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

dustfp Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 21:52:24

yeah, apparently iphone apps are a pain to get through.
go android! there are 0 restrictions on publishing an app :p that, and i have a HTC legend
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 14th 2010, 22:47:00

Originally posted by iZarcon:
iphone apps undergo quite a lot of scrutiny in the development by apple. Potentially a headache for a developer who isn't really getting paid for their work.

I believe qz writes them professionally right now at his job :p
Likely far more effort for his app he's doing compared to what it would take to make the game work on an iphone :)

I also have some other ideas for apps that would appeal to smartphone users on the alliance server as well :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Havoc Game profile

Aug 14th 2010, 22:54:43

If earth ever goes to an iphone app it's definitely gonna need hot keys for BPT/TPT etc, fluff typing in numbers over and over again on iphones..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 0:59:26

Originally posted by Slagpit:
As far as I've checked it out, the number of users of Earth Empires is roughly constant. The number of players on the alliance server is declining. For the most part, alliance leaders simply don't care to grow their alliances or even make the server fun to play.

This. Llaar recruits like mad, and we try to keep it fin for our players, but there's not enough non-pacted/farmed players on alliance to make it fun.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Patience Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 15:41:19

Been saying it for years... until alliance leaders stop enforcing some of the retarded policies that make land impossible to get, numbers will just keep declining. Get rid of alliance-wide retals, and you don't need to pact everyone else to protect your land. The game opens right up again.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 19:19:07

restricting attacks (ss/ps) against alliance not at war to 2 per day would help small alliances to keep growing.

Ivan Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 19:27:04

eh most people playing actually doesnt want to grab so I dont see how your post holds any merit patience, its the samethin youve posted about L:L killing the game

if anything removing alliance wide retals will probably kill the game for sure, the only reason its declining is because well we've all been around for the last decade and we all grow up anyone that hasnt played for 5 years is a noob these days

etc

fluff

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2010, 19:52:03

Llaar is actually a fairly bad example. Recruiters should focus on recruiting outside the game. Recruiting from inside the game is practically automated.

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 0:57:26

I have worked some on a Game Info page about the LCN/Fist/Omega* vs ImagNum*/SoL war

*Noting that The Omega and ImagNum did not engage in a war between each other.

If some other people could help on pages even a little bit once a week, then we can add some serious pages. We might even want to get some postings up about the wars and/or warring periods that had major consequences for the alliances of this game.
-Angel1

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 1:10:51

I can add some stuff. But it's all super old. heh

But I am looking at ways to recruit outside of the game.
I was at the library earlier today using their wi-fi. The guy sitting next to me left a notecard on the table. It was an ad to join some first person shooter clan on xbox live. Hello.
+Kya

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 1:29:27

Ivan, if grabbing wasn't so impossible on this server more would do it. See team, primary, express, etc etc.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Marshal Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 18:46:45

grabbing isn't impossible for laf.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 16th 2010, 19:00:25

Heh I don't grab because it's tooo much effort these days.... and i'm waay too busy =/
Finally did the signature thing.

archaic Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 19:47:03

I am beginning to think that a really good start might be made by banning every single person currently playing the game today and essentially start over with an entirely new member base. As a group, we have been very good Beta testers, but we are pure poison when it comes to creating a welcoming environment for throngs of new players. It would be kind of interesting to see the game re-evolve with new players. If FB actually does as advertised, the 500 or so assholes already here will be nothing but an irratating pain in the ass to the dev-team.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 0:34:01

Hey now, The Omega treats untaggeds well for the most part.
-Angel1

TAN Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 0:40:06

The TAN does as well!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

CKHustler

Aug 17th 2010, 0:41:40

I agree with archaic lol. Perhaps leave us a server or two (where politics and alliances would matter) where other FB players don't get into yet(or create side servers that aren't connected to FB). Primary for example would be fine adding players, but alliance certainly would not.

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 0:57:31

Maybe give the servers rankings.

Primary: Rated Everyone
Alliance: Beware of Sharks! Untaggeds mercilessly attacked.
-Angel1

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 17th 2010, 5:31:57

Untaggeds on all clan servers already receive warnings that they should tag up.

I suppose we could add additional information to the country creation page as well.

paladin Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 9:15:31

Originally posted by Havoc:
We need some retarded little animated ad banners like other games have on this site..

There are ads on this site?
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

AquaView Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 18:52:12

stoping retals would be a mistake for sure as then people would hit same guy more then once would farm whole clans

maybe define them a bit

the game is coming along great thanks

if you wiki working would be great learning tool i have had few come to play but was overwhelmed

need where to start first steps for getting started

one thing would be great is make it so you can use your mouse more for buying and selling like sell all rather then typing in right numbers

search tools for finding targets easyer would help

this by far the best game out there just got to make it easyer to learn

i found it hard and i played before years ago

and sauron was the one that recruited me back

maybe it would be better if you allowed people to play more countires it would increase amount of targets but also would make one player more dangrous there always up side and down long as there playing there countries manually

maybe also take out selfarming can't farm anyone in your own alliance

just some thoughts

jdpanther42 Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 19:14:26

hmm 2 countries would be nice if i fluff up one i would have one more to fall back on :)
there is no shame in being an idiot, but only if you stay one

Raf Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:28:33

This probably has been brought up. But ever consider trying to get emails form the boys at Jolt. They have utopia running (Yes i still play utopia), there are 6.2k countries even if half are multies that is still 3k people who enjoy cooperative turn based games. Or exchanging ads and seeing if you can drive some new members that way.

+RAF

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 23:03:03

Jolt/Omac never responded to any of our mails regarding purchasing the game for money... I doubt they'll respond to any kind of request like that :(

Comwood is a better option, maybe he'll get more time to come back to the game once his kids are off to college.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 20th 2010, 5:17:21

*puts Sauron back her little box*
I think QMDiver got in and let you out. Hrrrmmmm

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

jdpanther42 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 15:53:24

this game will die if the following reasons are not checked

A: doing DR`S on each other.
B: L:L retals.

And as i see it both of the above will just make it impossible to gain land or at least make it a waste of time. cause once it starts it will just keep going like a rolling stone till everyone is doing it. or clans might just say fluff it and start land wars off which will suit the warring clans. so take your pick i just hope some see`s sense and does something to sort it out.

ZIP Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 16:02:06

well everyone can agree that the current policys are not helping the game grow, but no one can agree what direction to go
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

jdpanther42 Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 16:11:13

well you could
A: ban DR`S
B: put a maximum number of retals per hit that you can take ie 2 retals per hit not 13 retals on 3 hits like LCN did today (see my LCN thread)

gwagers Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 21:12:31

Considering the hopefully-soon-to-arrive FB population, I would think that they might be attracted to the game by a massive war, whether for land or just for the fluff of it. As a netter, I wouldn't find it too appetizing, but I can imagine someone who's never played the game before thinking, "There's a lot of action going on in this game! Let's get in on it!"

The downside is that veteran netters won't be happy to be forced into random wars for the sake of newbies. Nor will smaller clans care for the added strain. Just an idea, but it has its drawbacks.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

ZIP Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 21:47:32

missles FTW !!

they should be used as a deterrent, like in real life.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 22nd 2010, 22:00:11

Well. We need a few wars to figure out which policy works better.

Or at least get forced into using one or teh other.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

aponic Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 13:47:10

pang, why dont you make a list of example 'blog' sites. if i 'blogged' at all, i would be happy to blog about eempires.

a list of these sites would be nice for anyone interested in helping
SOF
Cerevisi

deepcode Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 14:35:03

Blogs, newsites and the likes would be a great idea. Except that in any competitive game anyone who tries doing this gets flamed and insulted because they are not t10 and their opinion/ideas are irrelevent.

Ayahuasca Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 15:17:55

I have an Earth Empires blog, and I link the fluff out of everything.