Verified:

cypress Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 2:25:29

Can we at least FA him into range please?!

Kumander Otbol

Jun 26th 2013, 2:30:02

bonus
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

Rasputin[ICN]

Jun 26th 2013, 23:58:13

Originally posted by Sov:

I must be missing something, but I don't think that is in our policies. Quote for me where it is written and prove me wrong because I just re-read our posted policy and it is not anywhere I can see.

Sorry Sov, I paraphrased because most of us don't bother with the longwinded version. Since you couldn't find the part, here it is...

"* Self-farming is defined by any countries involved in any kind of intra-alliance grabbing (including 3rd party retals). Grabbing your own members, whether active or not is a cheap way of gaining an individual advantage. This includes letting another country retal and then grabbing that country (3rd party retals). Not only can that member not dissuade others from grabbing their land and not defend their land, but they can't even get it back themselves, hence being totally undeserving of that land. "

Proved wrong!
Rasputin
President of ICN

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:09:27

hey icn..that'll learn ya!!!
Do as I say, not as I do.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:10:43

also pls tag up icn so we can farm you!!!
Do as I say, not as I do.

cypress Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:43:52

What does 3rd party retals have to do with this?

cypress Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:54:11

Rasputin - what you are quoting is for pacted alliances.

Did/does ICN have a pact with SoF? If yes, then what you posted/quoted applies. Otherwise:

Unpacted alliances

With unpacted alliances we will enforce our retal policy and there will be no formal SoF vs alliance limit. However, internal regulation stated at the top of the thread still apply to avoid things spiralling out of control and landtrading rules being breached.

Our retal policy is 1:1 for midfeeds/bottomfeeds and land:land for topfeeds. A topfeed is defined when the attacker has less than 125% of the defenders land before the grab.

Both midfeeding and topfeeding are elligiable ways of gaining land. However, I strongly advise that you should stick to midfeeding, unless you are an expert or being advised by an expert.

de1i Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:55:37

What is a third party retal?

cypress Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:57:42

This includes letting another country retal and then grabbing that country (3rd party retals).

Link Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 1:04:00

Originally posted by de1i:
What is a third party retal?

you get hit, i retal for you, let you hit me for the land back
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Rasputin[ICN]

Jun 27th 2013, 1:38:35

what I was posting was for Sov. He said he couldn't find something in your policy. Had nothing to do with pacted or otherwise.

I said "If you can't defend your land, you don't deserve to keep it" he said it says nothing about that.
Rasputin
President of ICN

Sov Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 2:34:20

I stand corrected.

It might be in our policies but you have taken something completely unrelated to the current issues and used it out of context. This is not a hard thing to do. I bet I could easily twist some of your own words in the same way.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 27th 2013, 2:41:53

Well Rasputin you must be confused?? I gave you a pact 2 sets ago. Last set I didn't pact you because you were not a threat to imag, nor was I interested in being a threat to ICN. ;) This set you got no pact, because noone got a pact, because iMag is no longer on this server.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

locket Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 2:52:15

When a war clan doesnt pact someone it typically means they are planning or considering them as a potential target. Given that ICN was small membership wise are you saying that you had zero plans of hitting them?

cypress Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 2:58:54

There were ZERO plans of hitting ICN before the issues arose.

Sov Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:00:26

SoF has not been pacted to ICN for 1.5 years or more. Definitely never been pacted since I've been here nor have we ever discussed it.

SoF doesn't pact lots of Alliances and in many cases has no issues with those Alliances.

Our issues with ICN could have been resolved with diplomacy but ICN decided to take the "moral high ground" soapbox stance.

locket Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:00:57

I was asking Galleri there. Sof hitting ICN is a joke that isnt worth discussing

cypress Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:07:46

Glad we could make you laugh

Zahc Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:12:21

pacts are over rated
llort orp s`fos

iScode Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:29:19

Originally posted by locket:
When a war clan doesnt pact someone it typically means they are planning or considering them as a potential target. Given that ICN was small membership wise are you saying that you had zero plans of hitting them?

this is incorrect, why does an alliance automatically assume just cause there is no pact tht they are considered a potential target, its crazy.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:35:05

Lets just look at all the past examples of it and go from there.

Dissident Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:43:05

iScode, we have threads in our forum about your "retal policy" since you posted it. We knew that there would be issues between ICN and SOF as soon as we read it.

I mean, the last time a clan tried to police the server back in 2004, ICN stood up against it set after set after set... as a result ICN was decimated to a 30 member tag (now we're 13). I guess when a clan decides they will make up their retal rules on their own whims or decides to police the server, ICN still takes exception to those shenanigans.

SOF is the new RD (no offence to the current RD).

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 27th 2013, 4:45:28

locket, I always tend to forget that ICN existed...no offense ICN, you were always just so quiet.
So locket, when I became president, I was trying to do some changes....
i.e. when a warclan doesn't pact wouldn't mean that I was interested in warring or hitting them.
Honestly last set I really did want to iMag to try a netting set for the first time ever eerrrr.... I meant wargain (in case iMag reads that) :P
Did that make sense?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Sov Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:54:52

Originally posted by Dissident:
iScode, we have threads in our forum about your "retal policy" since you posted it. We knew that there would be issues between ICN and SOF as soon as we read it.

I mean, the last time a clan tried to police the server back in 2004, ICN stood up against it set after set after set... as a result ICN was decimated to a 30 member tag (now we're 13). I guess when a clan decides they will make up their retal rules on their own whims or decides to police the server, ICN still takes exception to those shenanigans.

If you want to fight us set by set then be my guest. You are now showing everyone why we killed you in the first place.

SoF is being SoF as it has always been. We have always created policies and enforced them through war just as was the case when land:land was first introduced in 1A. Almost every major policy in this game has been enforced through war, why is it any different now?

locket Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 5:11:25

Originally posted by galleri:
locket, I always tend to forget that ICN existed...no offense ICN, you were always just so quiet.
So locket, when I became president, I was trying to do some changes....
i.e. when a warclan doesn't pact wouldn't mean that I was interested in warring or hitting them.
Honestly last set I really did want to iMag to try a netting set for the first time ever eerrrr.... I meant wargain (in case iMag reads that) :P
Did that make sense?

Imag was actually planning to finish a set without fighting? I asked for that repeatedly.. I was awfully curious how the netting would go.

trumper Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 13:05:17

Originally posted by Sov:

If you want to fight us set by set then be my guest. You are now showing everyone why we killed you in the first place.

SoF is being SoF as it has always been. We have always created policies and enforced them through war just as was the case when land:land was first introduced in 1A. Almost every major policy in this game has been enforced through war, why is it any different now?

There is actually a difference. Historically you guys killed the offending country rather than launched an FS on small 10-20 member alliances.

The other thing that has changed is trying to dictate whom other alliances should pact and then finding excuses to war them when they don't. I guess you could call that enforcing your policy, but it's like a third party enforcement.

The problem isn't can you guys enforce what you want or should you, it's that it makes the game boring. So hopefully the small guys turn the tables to at least spice things up, although I doubt it.

archaic Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 13:10:45

Originally posted by skitch:
We love that there are small alliances on the server. They just need to understand that they can never, ever hit SoF, and should probably not retal SoF either.

Sigh
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Sov Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 13:23:57

Originally posted by trumper:

There is actually a difference. Historically you guys killed the offending country rather than launched an FS on small 10-20 member alliances.

There are more circumstances in play than was posted here. No one has posted specifics. Do not pretend you understand the situation as an outsider.

Originally posted by trumper:

The other thing that has changed is trying to dictate whom other alliances should pact and then finding excuses to war them when they don't. I guess you could call that enforcing your policy, but it's like a third party enforcement.

Who have we tried to dictate to? Stop inventing stories to portray yourselves in a better light. LCN FSed SoF, FA'd MD while it was at war with SoF and had clearly positioned itself as an enemy of SoF. Do not think that just because you are a small Alliance you can act with impunity.

skitch Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 3:13:26

That's exactly our goal. What RD tried to do for so long was really admirable. The fact that they were cheating scum invalidated all of their efforts; SoF does not have that problem.

crest23 Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 3:46:26

There is always a fall, always, just wait for it. The head always gets too big and too heavy for the neck and falls.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

mrford Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 4:02:17

and until that fall comes, we get to listen to your crying and fluffing. win win!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 6:38:30

Originally posted by iScode:
Originally posted by locket:

this is incorrect, why does an alliance automatically assume just cause there is no pact tht they are considered a potential target, its crazy.

I have no words

Ameliajane123 Game profile

Dec 29th 2022, 11:38:27

Hello, I am Amelia Jane, I am working on Techkluster, where anyone can find hire freelancers & find freelance jobs online.

Edited By: Ameliajane123 on Dec 29th 2022, 13:42:39
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 29th 2022, 13:58:50

This bot made me miss DL Plow

BigP Game profile

Dec 30th 2022, 1:01:59

Originally posted by Ameliajane123:
Hello, I am Amelia Jane, I am working on Techkluster, where anyone can find hire freelancers & find freelance jobs online.

Hi Amelia Jane,

Do you like the sack?
- SoF