Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 29th 2024, 3:12:04

We're introducing quick action buttons at the top of the BUILD, CASH, and EXPLORE pages. Quick action buttons are single click shortcuts for common actions based on recent country state. Quick actions that require turns are available immediately for all users on all servers. Quick actions that don't use a turn, such as purchasing food, are only available for Premium members.

Update 06/05/2024: teching quick actions added on the RESEARCH page for techers.

As an example, consider the BUILD page for a techer: https://imgur.com/a/fuqQxlN

Here's why each of the 7 quick buttons appear at the top:

* Build 1 cs - the country has recently built cs and has enough turns, money, and empty land to build 1 cs
* Build 4 cs - the country has recently built cs and has enough turns, money, and empty land to increase BPT by 1
* Explore 1 Turn - the country has recently explored and is allowed to explore
* Build 62 labs - the country is a techer and has enough turns, money, and empty land to build 1 BPT worth of research labs
* Build 186 labs - the country is a techer and has enough turns, money, and empty land to build 3 BPT worth of research labs
* Build 62 indies - the country is producing 100% spies, is not an indy, has at least 1 indy, and has enough turns, money, and empty land to build 1 BPT worth of indies
* Buy 1042 Bushels - the country owner is a Premium member, the country is losing food per turn, the country does not have enough food on hand for the next 12 turns or so, and food is available on the public market

We also added a "Automatically sell food on private market" option on the MANAGE page. This is available on all servers for Premium members and is available for all users on the FFA server.

Please note that none of the quick actions should be taken as recommendations or advice. We don't do any checking as to whether or not the country has enough food or money to perform the actions.

Players can show or hide quick actions at the individual country level using the country preferences page. They can also choose whether or not quick actions are enabled by default for new countries using the game preferences page.

We hope that this feature is useful to players. If feedback is positive then we will expand the number of quick actions available.

Thank you for playing Earth Empires.

Edited By: Slagpit on Jun 5th 2024, 23:25:50
See Original Post

VicRattlehead Game profile

May 29th 2024, 3:19:47

I saw it ingame before I came here, that is fantastic, excellent QOL upgrade

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 29th 2024, 5:50:52

This feature has been temporarily disabled due to a bug. It's expected to be enabled again later today.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 29th 2024, 20:21:09

This has been enabled again.

Dark Demon Game profile

Game Moderator
EE Patron
Express

May 30th 2024, 1:38:25

Awesome.
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

May 30th 2024, 13:42:48

I can report that on the M4D discord everyone likes it

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 30th 2024, 13:46:19

Yes, these are really nice - I like that you get them from the destroy screen too. Great idea!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 30th 2024, 14:59:52

Beautiful! That is a pretty awesome feature!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2024, 2:45:50

I haven't seen this feature in game yet but based on that image., i would think you'd want to make those buttons a bit bigger.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2024, 2:54:58

I also see a potential issue where these buttons could get really big (long) for people with large countries. Have you checked how these look on mobile where the costs of building were like really high? Are there a limit to the # of button rows?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2024, 2:57:03

I think perhaps better would be to use enabled/disabled buttons to highlight which ones are "buyable" and have the same buttons in same spot entire time (with shorter text of just action). Right now it appears they dynamically change based on $,. and majority type of building you have.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2024, 3:01:20

Also for a new person im not entirely sure these clear that they are buttons to click. Perhaps wrap in a section that says quick actions.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2024, 3:37:42

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2024, 21:11:20

These quick actions seem like a great use case for AI :D
I financially support this game; what do you do?

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 5th 2024, 21:20:49

I have used the quick actions to build and I like it. Good idea 👍🏼

Rasp Game profile

Jun 6th 2024, 14:05:22

subtle qol updates. Thanks Slag.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Jul 1st 2024, 18:17:35

Are you still looking for more tech quick action ideas? It seems there are no quick actions to do the war techs, only the netting techs. Even with those, there's never a mil tech option.

I think maybe having a "warfare/SDI" option or a "weap/milstrat" option show with your primary focus netting techs would be good, drop the options for the secondary netting techs.

Dark Demon Game profile

Game Moderator
EE Patron
Express

Jul 2nd 2024, 4:15:01

Nice
Mercs
Natural Born Killers