Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 8th 2011, 18:18:24

my main issue with this change is the potential for information overload! :p

let's give this new system a chance before trying to trash it outright... it's not such a huge change that it'll start impacting the outcome of wars. The results will likely be localized and it'll be an improved experience for clan leaders, especially when there are new players who may be less apt to report failed ops.

I fought as a member of SoF last set and the vast majority of people who were unable to wall wouldn't have been able to wall any more effectively with this change. The majority of people who died without being able to wall effectively were either completely unavailable (like me -- my last country died while chairing a meeting, I knew full well I was about to die) or didn't have their phone info updated in the first place to make the call.

On a more general note, as Slag indicated, every time we touch anything that is even tangentially related to fighting, we get panned for it outright before it's even really used in a real war situation. I think what Slag was getting at in his post is that while the game was initially made to help keep the community together, what I've heard from pretty much everyone is that we need to grow the game and make it more appealing to casual gamers and the new generation of gamers which are NOT entirely like us. I think we can all agree that trying new things which may or may not improve gameplay is a better option than stagnation, indifference and non-development. If things become unbalanced, we will obviously make changes and tweaks to correct any imbalance that changes do happen to cause.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Twink Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 15:50:20

Sounds like good changes!

I just hope you built in a "filter" ability :P

dagga Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 0:42:47

This just seems like a wierd place to start making the game 'appeal to casual gamers'.

Given the fact you guys (who run the game) collectively think offense is overpowered, it is understandable that people will try to take a devils advocate approach.

I think the message is - no watering down of war dynamics will go unquestioned.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

koonfasa

Apr 13th 2011, 23:14:11

Why can't we just all see this news.

Edited By: koonfasa on Apr 14th 2011, 14:55:04. Reason: far more better
See Original Post

General Earl Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 5:57:59

why would every member of the alliance NEED to see the news?
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Marshal Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 21:18:44

i'm sure many admins would want to block those.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Chaoswind Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 21:02:25

I like it, but as others have said the Ops one kind of denies FS

so a time delay could be useful, or only when the user gets online.

FA to friends on war times, is something that most have done in the past, and I don't think it would be a great idea to have... (OUTDATED: SO FA appears in News now?)

In the overral all could be bad or good, I guess we will have to try them and see

Maybe testing them on one of the servers first (TEAM) would be the best.

Edited By: Chaoswind on Apr 28th 2011, 21:06:24
See Original Post
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

kona Game profile

May 11th 2011, 9:44:08

I like and appreciate that the EE staff are adding new features and continuing to work on the game. Thank you.

I support the changes, though I did think about the spy op part for a while. I like the chance of a player not reporting a failed op but I really don't think anyone should have issues with this.

I don't think the EE staff will go for the whole "delay spy op reports" thing. If the reports are delayed, then the function will be useless for the reason it was implemented for in the first place. I don't think anyone should be worried about

RD
Mr Kona Gold

geos Game profile

May 11th 2011, 12:00:53

Interesting, all the way around.

I appreciate the efforts of the Admin team to keep/make EE fun and challenging, as I appreciate those who provide the feedback to make sure changes are 'fair and balanced'. Really, not like the news org.