Verified:

edfjr Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 1:54:15

Every once and a while when I click on a link (market/advisor/or whatever). I get a pop up window thats asking me if I want to download a file from EE.

I have just been clicking no I don't want to download then reclicking market and it then takes me to the market. I've never seen this download file option before.

Edited By: General Earl on Nov 12th 2011, 21:06:48
See Original Post

General Earl Game profile

Nov 4th 2011, 12:04:54

Which link(s) are trying to download something, and what is the name of the file it's trying to download? Is this only happening on one server?

Please be as specific as possible.

General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 4th 2011, 19:03:49

^--
Finally did the signature thing.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Nov 4th 2011, 19:50:54

for what it's worth, it's usually an accidental click and drag that causes this behavior. just hit cancel and try clicking the link again
other potential causes are
*funky cache problems, clear the browser cache and see if that fixes
*the php (or whatever extension) is not being handled properly by the server or your browser - probably requires one of the devs to check and they'll need the specific link for that
*file extension associations - if for some reason the .php handler got borked on your computer, it *might* try to open those links in an editor, but that would be happening in every instance, not sporadically

my guess is it's just an accidental click-drag. happens to me sometimes too.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 2:23:13

doing same thing to me, sending me build / war.gz when I hit refresh every once in a while.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

edfjr Game profile

Nov 5th 2011, 2:24:23

I'm playing in express atm. It happened only yesterday about 10 or so times. A prompt would come up every time I tried to load any in-game page.

The file name would be whatever I clicked on.
"market"
"war room"
"sell tech"
etc.

It hasn't happened today yet. If it happens again I'll be sure to get more info.