Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2021, 1:11:54

Possible additions to the information on server details:

DR half life decay timers could be a new row. To prevent providing unwanted or too much detail it could be phrased in a vague way yet still indicate the difference between servers. Example:

Diminished Returns
This server has standard protection from excessive landgrabs.

Diminished Returns
This server has reduced protection from excessive landgrabs and is slightly less than half of normal.

And for the FFA specific changes they could be all together in their own box and only show up on the server they are used on. Or be listed on every server if you prefer.

Grabbing Restrictions
This server has reduced limitations on land grabs. Country:Country diminished returns, Minimum jets sent and buildings possessed for ghost buildings do not apply.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 4th 2021, 17:37:53
See Original Post

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 31st 2021, 19:21:53

How would a player act differently if they were aware that "This server has reduced protection from excessive landgrabs and is slightly less than half of normal."?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 31st 2021, 20:03:41

Im not sure if enshula means DR should have less effect on some server in the future. In that case it would I guess affect how you landgrab and perhaps how you make war with one another.

Chevs

Mar 31st 2021, 21:27:16

I play techer a lot and I can never find anywhere at what price the market auto buys tech, can this be put somewhere in the game ? It’s my understanding that it varies by server
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 31st 2021, 21:41:55

Originally posted by Chevs:
I play techer a lot and I can never find anywhere at what price the market auto buys tech, can this be put somewhere in the game ? It’s my understanding that it varies by server

This is already available: https://www.earthempires.com/alliance/serverdetails

You're looking for "Public Market Tech Floor"

Chevs

Apr 1st 2021, 0:13:39

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Originally posted by Chevs:

This is already available: https://www.earthempires.com/alliance/serverdetails

You're looking for "Public Market Tech Floor"

Obviously my account was hacked I’m not that noob.

Jks lol wow. Thanks
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 1st 2021, 0:57:26

It was only added on March 27th, so don't feel bad.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2021, 3:16:34

Welcome back Chevs!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2021, 7:32:53

Since every other server besides express has 22h half life and express has 8 hour half life im sure theres people who start playing express and avoid targets that are in good DR while other people grab them.

Particularly when bots seem to go in very high dr.

https://www.eestats.com/express/country/23

First country i checked from looking for ones with high dr was 7 hits in the last hour. In other servers it would take maybe 12-24 hours to have ok DR. but in express its going to be around half that time. (forgot to post this at the time)

Part of my interest in having some of these rules on the server detail page is i liked the idea of a server with temporary rule changes, so you could have a set with very fast DR reduction, or even no DR.

Tmac Game profile

Apr 1st 2021, 17:27:25

No dr would be something, lol. Killing someone and benefitting from it! Gdi can't save you either. Definitely only like it on a changing rules server though, haha.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 26th 2021, 17:03:16

I ended up reworking server details to show more information in general. At this point we're pretty much showing every setting that is specific to servers. For technical reasons, we aren't showing settings that depend on a characteristic of a server. That includes different behavior for research allies on Primary and different grabbing returns for servers that allow multiple countries.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2021, 19:46:01

yeah the ffa changes to grabbing are probably the biggest server specific thing left that isnt always known

it will always give better results than expected though so i guess worst case is people send more jets than needed on grabs, or explore a bit long

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 26th 2021, 20:22:47

That kind of stuff should probably be in the ingame help files instead of in server details.