Verified:

slip Game profile

Jul 23rd 2024, 18:51:05

If you enjoy building big countries, that is reflected on the scores page.

If you enjoy killing countries, that is reflected on the news feed.

Some clans have spy teams (I think?) but the Cooperation server has cemented a new position - a spy'er. I think it would be neat to track who is uploading all the spy ops in our new/fancy spy ops center*. On the clans page there could be a table listing which country** has uploaded the most ops. To visualize this data - I see there's already a table there about clan wars - something like that could work? A table of the top 10 countries in your clan that have uploaded ops. I think this is impactful for two reasons:

- It provides recognition for clan members to perform a selfless act.
- It increases the importance of the clan page.

* I noticed in the spy op center it doesn't list who uploaded it. Is this intentional? If the vibe of intel gathering is obfuscation, I'm not trying to go against the grain here. Close this thread if that's the case.
** I wrote country instead of player/account. I imagine this is significantly easier to implement.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 24th 2024, 1:23:15

I could have a view only available to clan admins that would have this information. Would that meet the need?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2024, 17:11:37

I think only being viewable by clan admins defeats most of the intended purpose of this kind of change.
I financially support this game; what do you do?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2024, 17:15:46

In our chat, someone brought up a good idea...

I bet he does something on the clan page where you can have some insights

Would this be a good place to display some of this kind of data about your clan that all members would be interested in seeing/something to be competitive about within your group? It could start with just a few things but be a good place to iterate on and add more over time.
I financially support this game; what do you do?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2024, 22:09:34

I get why you're saying that, but the clan admin can choose to recognize the accomplishments of people in the clan.

The issue with making it public is that sometimes tags have traitors in them and I don't know how to sort through all of the different scenarios where information leaking could be a problem. I imagine that sometimes a clan at war might want to keep certain information private? Am I overthinking it?

slip Game profile

Aug 1st 2024, 22:16:22

I don't think you're overthinking it. If the spirit of spying/intel is secrecy - I say disregard the post.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 9th 2024, 8:29:35

On coop, specifically, I don't think the traitor stuff matters too much? Suspect that would be the server where something like this would be of most benefit.

Being a spy-guy myself this reset it would come in really handy as a scapegoat for subpar netting ;)

(^ already building my case, see)

Kingme Game profile

Aug 10th 2024, 17:27:26

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
On coop, specifically, I don't think the traitor stuff matters too much? Suspect that would be the server where something like this would be of most benefit.

Being a spy-guy myself this reset it would come in really handy as a scapegoat for subpar netting ;)

(^ already building my case, see)

Support countries finished top 10 last set, your excuse is already invalid!

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2024, 23:05:31

bah, foiled again.

just to check though was that definitely plural?