Verified:

allbymyself87 Game profile

Oct 29th 2021, 0:22:18

May I know what is the maximum characters for ingame msg?

It stated there "Enter Your Message Below (20 lines or less)".

My msg is less than 20 lines but still get truncated.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Oct 29th 2021, 13:39:06

Create 2 countries in FFA and message yourself to test it out. Let us know the answer when you figure it out. Or do it in alpha ffa.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Oct 29th 2021, 15:44:35

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
Create 2 countries in FFA and message yourself to test it out. Let us know the answer when you figure it out. Or do it in alpha ffa.

Tested in FFA, seems like no limit.
Definitely not the same behaviour as Alliance.
Nvm, I will try to make my msg short then. >_>

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 5th 2021, 19:24:34

Im not sure how your message got truncated but the messages I have seen truncated were due to bad characters and the like

greater than and smaller than symbols are the most common symbols that cause problem IME.

Nov 10th 2021, 0:30:02

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Im not sure how your message got truncated but the messages I have seen truncated were due to bad characters and the like

greater than and smaller than symbols are the most common symbols that cause problem IME.

Okie, you're right!
I did put greater/smaller symbols in my msg!
That's why my msg was truncated.
Thanks for the helps! :)

Rasp Game profile

Nov 16th 2021, 22:33:12

ABM the spam machine.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 16th 2021, 23:37:22

Originally posted by allbymyself87:
Originally posted by Gerdler:

Okie, you're right!
I did put greater/smaller symbols in my msg!
That's why my msg was truncated.
Thanks for the helps! :)

Wow this feels odd. I try to help someone and they respond with a thank you. So many emotions right now running through me I don't know what to do with myself.

I think if this happened more often maybe all wars, poverty and starvation would end, humanity would ascend to the next stages of civilization and so on and so forth. But for now it's just ABM trying determinedly to pull the rest of mankind away from stagnation and eventual ruin. I'll be rooting for you. :)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2021, 13:49:41

I’ve always wished the in-game message system would have been worked on a bit more by the development team. At the bare minimum, I would love to see threaded messages so you can keep track of context more easily.

Tmac Game profile

Nov 17th 2021, 16:50:16

Originally posted by Requiem:
I’ve always wished the in-game message system would have been worked on a bit more by the development team. At the bare minimum, I would love to see threaded messages so you can keep track of context more easily.

Yes! I forget what I originally said sometimes. It sucks when I have to respond to a response with, "what did I say?" Lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 18th 2021, 0:23:30

Sometimes when I have discussions I think are important I send an identical message to myself at the same time. backspace lets me just change numbers on the message. Its too much if I have to do it all the time but doing it for one conversation every now and again works.

The insite message system where we message our nicks are made so they are somewhat accessible to follow. It's strange because that means the tech exists, for this platform, to do it better, so all this time it seems to me more like its a choice to have a less functional ingame messaging platform. Maybe there is a hidden benefit I'm not seeing somewhere?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2021, 23:44:19

The Forum code and in-game codebases don't have any APIs to share between the two that I am aware of.

I don't see any real benefit to not having a better in-game message UX. All of the data still exists on their servers, and it just isn't presented to the user in a meaningful way. And in your case, you are creating duplicate data to get around the issue. If everyone did that, their DB of messages would double in size, so I don't foresee a benefit.

Bug?