Verified:

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 20th 2024, 13:52:53

I know v1 hasn't even been created yet or has a complete idea on the final form, but beyond the basics of GDI limiting who can attack, if we're going all out on clan diplomacy, it would be interesting if alliances could have "projects" they can complete for specific defense bonuses, even beyond war perhaps. Partially, I'm thinking it could also help stabilize some aspects of the market as well (e.g. some resources would provide bonus value and those would likely be items that are not high demand in general, or particularly in the early set). This would be most relevant with a ClanGDI that allows players to declare war and still be able to hit (which I think is the plan either with a clan declaration or possibly with the usual country version).

The idea for the project is that every country would have to provide some minimum amount of resources, but then a few countries can supply the bulk beyond that. I would expect every country in the alliance would have to participate (similar to sending FA), but there could be some mechanic that it takes resources automatically (mostly in case you have players who are less active or are not aware how they should proceed, but maybe at some extra cost). Ideally, only countries who were in the tag at the time of the project gets the benefit, but depends on if that adds too much code complexity. Projects could be completed multiple times, but do not stack (e.g. if it's about to run out, you can do it again to get it to full, but you never get double benefits). The general idea is that these could benefit both warring and netting alliances, and add in some new strategies and group optimizations for the game.

Some ideas:

Missile Defense - requires every country to provide some minimum resources, with bonus value from oil, SDI tech, and turrets. This would have some feature like it blocks the first 10 missiles that would have gotten past SDI across the whole alliance.

Disaster Preparedness - bonus value from bushels, troops, and medical tech - reduces the impacts from earthquakes and famines by 50% for the first 20 across the alliance.

Military Parades - bonus value from military bases (just having them gives a % boost for that players contribution), tanks, military strategy tech, and spy tech - reduces expense costs across the alliance by an additional 5-10% (possibly PM too, like encouraged recruitment?) and lasts for a set amount of time

Festivals - bonus value from business, residential, and agricultural tech - boosts pop growth rate (war / walling benefit) and reduces corruption (netting benefit) for a set amount of time

Enhanced Building Code - No bonus value items, could have a large upfront cost and also increases costs to build acres (currently it's Land*3 + 1500, and maybe this would make it Land*4 + 1500 or something) but it would reduce the damage to buildings from AB and BR by some balanced amount. For large FFO's who go reduced building costs, it would hopefully be a fair price to help reduce impact of griefers, and for war countries, it could help keep restarts productive for longer.

These were just random ideas, but if we're looking for big changes or have dev enthusiasm, I think there are opportunities to add interesting tweaks.