Verified:

Josey Wales

May 25th 2024, 17:38:52

You cannot leave GDI if you have attacked or been attacked!

Josey Wales

May 25th 2024, 17:44:19

More Garbage.

“GDI authority will not let you perform this operation without declaring war!”

No way to declare war.

Please take the handcuffs off so that we can play the damn game.

Otherwise please add a Bingo or a Basket Weaving selection to the War Room.

commander1972 Game profile

May 25th 2024, 17:45:29

The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an open organization dedicated to the protection of our members. As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. Unless you have attacked a country twice or more, that country will only be able to commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels.

However, we require your assistance after leaving protection. You will be required to pay $1 per non-cs building you own to the GDI fund as long as you are with us. In addition, you will not be allowed to commit offensive acts which are not standard strikes, planned strikes, or beneficial spy ops against other countries unless they have attacked you more than once.

You can only leave GDI before the final six hours of the game if you haven't attacked or been attacked. If you leave GDI then you cannot rejoin. In the final six hours of the game, you will not be able to engage in any offensive actions against countries that have not hit you at least once. However, countries not in GDI may still be able to attack you.

Josey Wales

May 25th 2024, 18:38:41

Sorry.. just trying to do some business after having been attacked and running into trouble.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 18:47:56

Express is a fluff show without GDI.

I used to forget to join it every other reset, and some assclown that was crap at netting would invariably just randomly attack you.

When I returned and discovered that it was the default, and instead you had to explicitly leave GDI then I was delighted.

With GDI you can even run the gauntlet and try grabbing other players (just the once!) and try and outrun retals or w/e if you want an interesting set. Then if *they* break GDI you get the FS.

If you want to pretty much force a war then grab pretty much anyone more than once. I accidentally hit a guy that I thought was a bot this set and they immediately went postal on me despite me messaging to apologise.

GDI isn't perfect but I think its way better that you now at least have the grab/retal option without it being grounds for a KR back in the day.

I'm the pansiest of netgainers, happy to farm bots and take retals, and even I think its good that this encourages a little more PvP action.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 18:56:51

To be fair by "hit" I mean 6x tapped 😬 so obviously I thought it was a bot, it had already been double tapped & no retal.

Aint' not body got time to be searching every country ;)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 25th 2024, 18:57:11

Back in 2010 I created a test country in response to player feedback and here's what happened: https://eestats.lafamiglia-ee.eu/express/oldcountry/149/63

That's why Express GDI exists in its current form. We will never get rid of Express GDI.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 19:11:37

I forget GDI this set and was killed in co-ordination with countries I hadn't even hit:

https://eestats.lafamiglia-ee.eu/express/oldcountry/2054/102

Josey Wales

May 25th 2024, 19:19:02

Whatever. All good. Handcuffs. Can’t retaliate so they can farm my country Three Easy Pieces into oblivion. No defense. Left it wide open for the vultures to pick clean. Target practice country.

No worries.

Going to go work on my romance novel.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 25th 2024, 19:20:58

If they landgrab you more than once then you can retaliate in any way that you want. You can do ABs, BRs, missiles, harmful spy ops, etc.

Josey Wales

May 25th 2024, 19:35:23

Attacking once is enough for them to get 270 acres.

But if you can’t retal because of GDI it’s death by a thousand single cuts.

No worries. I’m not stressing. Just not playing express anymore. This has happened over multiple sets. If I were a brand new player I’d be discouraged.

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 20:16:18

GDI does not stop you grabbing them back, and in most cases you will get just as much (often more) land than they took.

Express is just a different meta to the other servers, I think once you get used to it its pretty decent.

Mostly netting, but if you are forced into to war you really get to smash fluff up ;)

(you can even solo kill!)

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 20:19:03

> This has happened over multiple sets.

If I could see your profile I could have a look over those previous sets and maybe spot where you might be going wrong - im not the best express player but I know the theory ;)

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 20:29:33

> Attacking once is enough for them to get 270 acres.

FWIW you can get that land back in like a couple 2 average bot grabs for <10k jets (not even counting ghost acres!)

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 20:30:36

Also, in order to retal you'll probably be close to NW matching and get like 1-2k off the retal!

SuperFly Game profile

May 25th 2024, 21:55:04

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Back in 2010 I created a test country in response to player feedback and here's what happened: https://eestats.lafamiglia-ee.eu/express/oldcountry/149/63

That's why Express GDI exists in its current form. We will never get rid of Express GDI.

The good old days when you could scrap!

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2024, 22:46:47

Oh I be scrapping with #94 alright, due to my error he decided to FS me. I can respect it.

I decide I could spare a few turns on a little CS just to keep things spicy.

Ball is in his court now, just waiting for his next move ;)

If I was *really* evil I'd take advantage of my DR's and topfeed a few fatties heheh.

I'm a good sport though and that would just be rude!

Josey Wales

May 26th 2024, 0:23:36

I was about to take my ball and go home but that was great insight Ugo and I’ll admit, I was probably wrong. I’ll sign up again next set and will basically just have to work to improve my game.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 26th 2024, 0:58:27

Josey FFS stop being a fkn Karen, hot damn bro!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

g0nz0 Game profile

May 26th 2024, 1:08:28

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Josey slipped into her little black dress. Tryna seduce Ugo to joining the suicide squad over in alliance. Hope they aren't planning anything nefarious with a team of war built countries.

Originally posted by Josey Wales:
Ugolino,

You should come play with us in Alliance, unless you’re already there.

Josey Wales

May 26th 2024, 11:26:34

Originally posted by g0nz0:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Josey slipped into her little black dress. Tryna seduce Ugo to joining the suicide squad over in alliance. Hope they aren't planning anything nefarious with a team of war built countries.

Ugolino,

You should come play with us in Alliance, unless you’re already there.

Maybe you missed the détente Gonzo. Keep up.

Cathankins Game profile

May 26th 2024, 15:50:57

Gonz0 seethes all of the time. I find that so amusing. Every time I see him he is seething. I observe it is a universal constant and i deduce he may be the god of seething.

Capt Obvious

May 27th 2024, 1:00:03

No worries. I’m not stressing. Just not playing express anymore. This has happened over multiple sets. If I were a brand new player I’d be discouraged.

Play better. Suck less.

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

May 29th 2024, 4:04:29

sounds like someone needs to get better.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 30th 2024, 15:31:00

I will let you know this Josey:
Don't let a friend join in a KR here.
No no rule ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Josey Wales

Jun 2nd 2024, 14:29:50

Originally posted by galleri:
I will let you know this Josey:
Don't let a friend join in a KR here.
No no rule ;)

I don’t think I’ve invited anyone on a kill run here in Express.

It’s impossible to retaliate in Express anyway. Doesn’t matter if you’re in GDI or not.

You can’t retal after you’ve been attacked so what’s the use?

Maybe I’m missing something here but aren’t you supposed to be able to retal after someone attacks you?

Can you only retal during a new moon, on your grandmother’s birthday, during a leap year?

Good luck to any new player trying to play and figure Express. He’ll have to have a protractor and cosine calculator at the ready with back up from ChatGPT.

SuperFly Game profile

Jun 2nd 2024, 15:23:11

I looked at your country. You wanna retake this hit

Defender Result
2024-06-02 00:18:51 PS Stacy Keibler Leg Drop KO (#4) Josey Wales (#46) 410A (691A)

Stacey Keilblers legs are to long and tall for you to reach though!

$24m NW vs 3m NW. you out of range. Just reach 5m Nw and you should be able to send a failed PS at least