Verified:

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 20:40:04

i will attempt to make the moon glow red over North and South America tonight.

http://www.weather.com/...inter-solstice_2010-12-19

yes, i know that it has been predicted to happen, and i feel somewhat optimistic that the result will be spectacular, but i have doubts about being able to make it happen on such short notice, since i have misplaced my magic wand and red food dye. but never-the-less, i will attempt to wow 2 entire continents of sleeping citizens with my most prestigious display of slight of hand and prestological use of smoke and mirrors.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Patience Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 21:02:01

I'll be ever so impressed if you can pull it off! :p
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Dec 20th 2010, 23:40:45

red moon
Wikipedia ויקיפדיה העברית-האנציקלופדיה החופשית

ליקוי ירח

ליקוי ירח או "ליקוי לבנה", הוא תופעה אסטרונומית שבה הירח מוחשך ומוצלל, כאשר הירח, כדור הארץ והשמש נמצאים בקו אחד (בקירוב), והירח נכנס לקונוס הצל של כדור הארץ. ליקוי ירח יכול להגרם רק בזמן של ירח מלא, כלומר באמצע החודש העברי, משום שמיקומו של הירח אז ביחס לכדור הארץ הוא בצד הנגדי לכיוון השמש. יחד עם זאת, לא בכל אמצע חודש נוצר ליקוי ירח אלא רק כפעמיים בשנה (בממוצע 2.4).
ליקוי ירח, בניגוד לליקוי חמה, יראה ברובו של כדור הארץ. בזמן הליקוי הירח יהיה בצבע אדמדם עמום כיוון שהוא לא מקבל אור ישיר מהשמש, אלא רק אור שנשבר באטמוספירה של כדור הארץ באופן שמאפשר לו לעקוף את הצל שמכיל כדור הארץ. ליקוי ירח הוא ארוך יחסית לליקוי חמה (כ-100 דקות), כיוון שבסוג כזה של ליקוי נכנס גוף קטן (הירח) לצילו של גוף גדול (כדור הארץ) בניגוד לליקוי חמה ולכן הדבר גורר לליקוי במשך כ-100 דקות.

ליקוי הירח יכול להיות ליקוי ירח מלא - שבו כל הירח מוצלל, ליקוי ירח חלקי - שבו חלק מהירח מוצלל לגמרי וחלקו מוצלל באופן חלקי, או ליקוי ירח חצי צל - שבו חלקו מוצלל וחלקו מואר.

did that translate correctly? crap, where did i find it...
nope, lotta squares, means i grabbed a bunch of gobbetygook that works on facebook, but gets lost in translation here.

i think you're a tad-bit far away to be impressed by me, but i hope you enjoy the view.

Dec 20th 2010, 23:54:08

no, i was simply looking for magic words to make the moon turn red. that has nothing to do with my thinking that the Israeli's are a bunch of bullies. well, it might, but it looks like a bunch of squares to me. maybe it's target coordinates for all the palestinian children... dunno, looks like a bunch of squares and x's... so, hit everything outside of the squares to x the problems... how about y'all just quit blowing up your 1st cousins... oh, the red moon problem... i'm not even sure that we're allowed to have a red moon this time of year.

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 23:56:40

Figures I miss it cuz we're having a snow storm :-(

Dec 21st 2010, 0:08:06

meh, my alarm is set for 3am. don't think think the moon looks into my bedroom window before 5am. i saw it peaking at me this morning, but i have no clue as what to do when it turns red. probably have to kick Chicken Little out into the yard to scream about the sky is falling or some such nonsense.

Dec 21st 2010, 0:34:34

anyway, http://www.nytimes.com/...inion/17gilbert.html?_r=1

wtf? op-ed? dude, you got treated by a doctor in an emergency room that you had to get zoom-ed to in order to be sav-ed because of the way you liv-ed your pathethic life-ed.

oh well, don't think i'm going to find any ed words on the web to guarantee that my lack of preparation will result in a red moon. back to basics...

abbracadabbra, allahkazed, make this solstice moon bloody red.

total couch potatoes, just think you can sit back and watch it happen. *giggle*