Verified:

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 22nd 2010, 18:05:10

Goodbye Brad Childress!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, you worthless arrogant prick!

Now I just hope he stays the hell outta my bar.

ponderer Game profile

Nov 22nd 2010, 18:54:18

no you just need to run that narcissistic quarterback out of town, and you'll be in good shape.
m0m0rific

Detmer Game profile

Nov 22nd 2010, 19:44:24

Originally posted by ponderer:
no you just need to run that narcissistic quarterback out of town, and you'll be in good shape.

The problem is who is the QB then? Favre was a terrible choice to invest in. The cupboard is bare at QB in Minnesota imo.

BigRedDog

Nov 22nd 2010, 21:31:09

[quote poster=Detmer]
Favre was a terrible choice to invest in. The cupboard is bare at QB in Minnesota imo.

he was a terrible choice this year...last year not so much

Detmer Game profile

Nov 22nd 2010, 21:40:27

[quote poster=BigRedDog]
Originally posted by Detmer:
Favre was a terrible choice to invest in. The cupboard is bare at QB in Minnesota imo.

he was a terrible choice this year...last year not so much

Personally, I think $25M is way too much for an old quarterback with serious distraction issues. Signing him for 1 year that is a huge rip off, 2 years is a rip off... by the time you are paying something reasonable like $5M/year you have the guy for five years and there is no way you want him for five years. A 2 year deal for $10M total would be a reasonable rental fee for a guy like Favre.

BigRedDog

Nov 22nd 2010, 21:44:14

eh true, but its Favre, like its been said, he's NFL "royalty" ill be shocked to see them bench Favre like he deserves to be

BigRedDog

Nov 22nd 2010, 21:45:15

as a side not, my falcons coulda had him from his rookie year, instead we took chris chandler as our qb...what a fail :-(

mrford Game profile

Nov 22nd 2010, 22:33:43

Panthers to win the superbowl
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Mars UP Game profile

Nov 22nd 2010, 22:45:19

Superbowl of suckiness

Detmer Game profile

Nov 22nd 2010, 23:43:51

Originally posted by BigRedDog:
as a side not, my falcons coulda had him from his rookie year, instead we took chris chandler as our qb...what a fail :-(

Chris Chandler was awesome. He would have won a Super Bowl in Green Bay =P

Klown Game profile

Nov 23rd 2010, 2:46:09

Favre is the greatest football player of all-time. You don't bench the greatest ever. He's having a subpar year because Minnesota's offensive line is putrid. He would still be one of the best QBs in the league if he played when he's 50.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 23rd 2010, 4:39:58

Originally posted by Klown:
Favre is the greatest football player of all-time. You don't bench the greatest ever. He's having a subpar year because Minnesota's offensive line is putrid. He would still be one of the best QBs in the league if he played when he's 50.

Steve Hutchinson is closer to the greatest of all-time than Favre. Favre is a historic player for sure, but he is not the be all and end all.

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 23rd 2010, 6:22:10

1. He only gets 16 mil, unless they make the playoffs, which I don't see as likely. Also, the distraction issues didn't pop up until AFTER he signed his contract - that money grubbing little fluff played him like a fiddle, and I'm sure she'll enjoy her 15 min like every whore before her.

2. Favre is a good qb. He may be old and past his prime, but he was the same last year and had a stellar season. Klown is right, or O-Line sucks...the guy's been getting hammered every game for the last 6 weeks. They've been demoralized to nothingness, and it's really starting to show

3. There really was no other option to Favre. T-Jack isn't a 1st stringer, and given all that was going on with Vick, I think they were wise to steer clear of him even though he's playing well now. Detmer really nailed it on the head - it was extremely short term thinking on Childress' part, and I'm sure part of what got him fired.

I honestly hope they keep playing Favre. This is his last year in the NFL, we have no better option, and even when they're losing he is a very fun QB to watch. I know I still enjoy the hell outta watching him play - I love that old sand lot style.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 23rd 2010, 14:05:56

Originally posted by NOW3P:
1. He only gets 16 mil, unless they make the playoffs, which I don't see as likely. Also, the distraction issues didn't pop up until AFTER he signed his contract - that money grubbing little fluff played him like a fiddle, and I'm sure she'll enjoy her 15 min like every whore before her.

I was thinking more the retirement waffling.

3. There really was no other option to Favre. T-Jack isn't a 1st stringer, and given all that was going on with Vick, I think they were wise to steer clear of him even though he's playing well now. Detmer really nailed it on the head - it was extremely short term thinking on Childress' part, and I'm sure part of what got him fired.

Agreed, I would have steered clear of Vick too.

I honestly hope they keep playing Favre. This is his last year in the NFL, we have no better option, and even when they're losing he is a very fun QB to watch. I know I still enjoy the hell outta watching him play - I love that old sand lot style.

Yeah, Minnesota has no better option this year for sure and don't really stand to lose much by keeping playing him.

mrford Game profile

Nov 23rd 2010, 15:10:49

Brian stpiere is probably available
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BigRedDog

Nov 23rd 2010, 17:51:14

screw vick, i cant wait until someone knocks him out of the nfl for good, one of the very few players i cant stand being in the nfl

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 23rd 2010, 22:58:56

I can't fault the guy on the waffling, I guess. He was beat to fluff after last season, and I think he really only came back because they sent an entourage down to beg and plead with him to play one more season. I'm pretty sure the guy had made up his mind otherwise.

The only thing I really worry about is the guy just getting laid the hell out because of our weak O-line, and taking a permanent injury. That would just be a terrible way to see a great like that go out.

BigRedDog

Nov 24th 2010, 0:48:07

itd be absolutely hilarious actually

Mtn High Game profile

Nov 24th 2010, 5:19:51

screw vick, i cant wait until someone knocks him out of the nfl for good, one of the very few players i cant stand being in the nfl

Agreed 100%. Sports in general is really going downhill when it comes to honor. Which is probably why so many still like Favre, pretty decent all around guy.

As for Chilldress my opinion is it was his time for a change.

mrford Game profile

Nov 24th 2010, 6:07:16

I can't fault the guy on the waffling, I guess. He was beat to fluff after last season, and I think he really only came back because they sent an entourage down to beg and plead with him to play one more season. I'm pretty sure the guy had made up his mind otherwise.

The only thing I really worry about is the guy just getting laid the hell out because of our weak O-line, and taking a permanent injury. That would just be a terrible way to see a great like that go out.

I would argue the exact opposite. It's the only way for a guy like that to go out. He will never quit. He will have to be forced out. And a carear ending injury will be the most dignified of those options
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 24th 2010, 8:01:26

Favre won't play next year. That much I can pretty much guarantee. It cost the Vikes 16 million and a whole bunch of concessions just to get him back this year - and I highly doubt they, or any other team, will be willing to do that after his performance this year. After his performance last year, he was still worth it, but this year is an entirely different story.

Now....if things change under a new coach, my prognosis might change. But honestly, I don't see that happening. The damage Childress did to that ball club just runs too deep.

BigRedDog

Nov 24th 2010, 16:07:57

Favre won't play next year. That much I can pretty much guarantee. It cost the Vikes 16 million and a whole bunch of concessions just to get him back this year - and I highly doubt they, or any other team, will be willing to do that after his performance this year. After his performance last year, he was still worth it, but this year is an entirely different story.

Now....if things change under a new coach, my prognosis might change. But honestly, I don't see that happening. The damage Childress did to that ball club just runs too deep.

bc favre never had a bad season ever before, the Packers used to be unbeatable and hes nevber had a rough year before.....

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 24th 2010, 21:28:42

Yeah....but would YOU pay him to come QB for you next year after his performance this year?

Sadly enough, 1 season seems to have negated his entire career in most people's minds. And honestly, after 20 years in the league he IS too old to be playing, no matter how good he is. He just can't keep up anymore.

I would be absolutely floored if any team decided to take a chance on Favre next year IF he even decides to try and play, which I doubt he will.

BigRedDog

Nov 24th 2010, 21:51:39

if i personally needed a QB and only a QB to make my team great? sure i would, but with 98% of the teams this year no way

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 24th 2010, 23:13:52

Heck, for 23 mil I bet you could pull a Manning that has another 4 or 5, if not more, years in him.

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 3:03:24

if i personally needed a QB and only a QB to make my team great? sure i would, but with 98% of the teams this year no way

RE: Carolina Panthers
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BigRedDog

Nov 25th 2010, 3:36:55

they would still suck...jus saying

mrford Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 13:40:51

I know we are injury stricken. As of now. But at the beginning of the season, we were set.

Qb play is murdering us. And your blind judgment is embarassing.

We brought in someone that was changing sailers last week. He had 5 total carear passes in his 7 year pro carear.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BigRedDog

Nov 25th 2010, 14:54:44

...its still carolina...they will never be a great team..

BigRedDog

Nov 25th 2010, 15:02:33

btw im just kidding, im a Falcons fan, we finally have a decent team this year and we still wont win it all, ah well

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 28th 2010, 21:01:15

Well, I gotta give it to ya BRD - they started letting Favre bootleg a bit today, and the old man's still got some moves. Especially when you consider he broke his ankle in 2 places just 4 weeks ago....

BigRedDog

Nov 29th 2010, 2:28:11

then again, it wasnt exactly the toughest team to play lol no disrespect to them but we'll only see if there better when they play a good solid team

NOW3P Game profile

Nov 29th 2010, 4:31:48

Yeah, I'm not gonna get too excited yet.

Numbers wise though, he was better today than any other game this season. Something had to have changed.

Link Game profile

Nov 30th 2010, 7:02:13

i almost made this thread when dallas fired wade lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks