Verified:

Fodder Game profile

Feb 2nd 2011, 1:32:35

I just started playing this on the primary server, and it is obvious I am no good. One chap keeps attacking me. I spent a few rounds building up my defense.

Based on spy results, I didn't think he could build up enough to successfully SS me. But he did, so I spied him again. He could only cash enough to generate $14M in the 70 turns he took, and he 0 cash to begin with. But based on current market rates, he would have had to spend $352M to buy the military units he hit me with.

I am obviously missing something basic here. If I don't figure it out, this game will not be very fun for me so I will give it up.

Thanks for any help.

Klown Game profile

Feb 2nd 2011, 2:04:24

There are other methods of making money besides cashing. He could have sold his food or tech on the market for cash, for example. If you want to learn to play I'd join a clan on the alliance server.

synoder Game profile

Feb 2nd 2011, 2:06:25

he probably had stuff on the market that sold or he was stocking bushels and sold them to buy up enough to hit you. My guess is that he was either a farmer or techer since he was making positive money but not enough to be a casher. So he either had food on the market or tech.

synoder Game profile

Feb 2nd 2011, 2:09:23

bah klown beat me to it :(

but yeah, joining a clan is the best way to learn. Both FFA and Alliance have clans that will teach you.

ponderer Game profile

Feb 2nd 2011, 2:19:23

Fodder: There are 5 ways to make money in this game. You can build your country to produce revenue while playing turns, or you can produce commodities: military, technology, food, and oil. The game tends to reward specialization, so the recomendation would be to pick one and focus on it.

For example, if you wished to grow food (food is a very good commodity, because you can keep your entire supply on the public market and safe from attackers, and because it has a relatively stable price), you would build almost exclusively farms.

Since spies can't be bought, you'd need a few industrial complexes to produce them, but food would be your priority.

You would use the proceeds from selling the food to buy technology (agricultural especially) and military.

If you want more help with the game, feel free to message me on the forums.
m0m0rific

Drinks Game profile

Feb 2nd 2011, 2:28:20

^^ what all those guys said
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Feb 2nd 2011, 19:46:36

BOOBIES
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Mtn High Game profile

Feb 3rd 2011, 18:22:37

Whats your country number?

ponderer Game profile

Feb 4th 2011, 1:31:02

m0m0rific

Mtn High Game profile

Feb 4th 2011, 21:06:53

lol no offense but I do hope that is Fodder's country number.

ponderer Game profile

Feb 5th 2011, 2:47:15

none taken - the reset just started 26 hours ago : )
m0m0rific

Mtn High Game profile

Feb 5th 2011, 4:03:27

Primary started a month ago hmm wonder who's country that was in primary than and maybe I'll go ahead and hit it now.

ponderer Game profile

Feb 5th 2011, 12:44:53

I don't play in primary.
m0m0rific