Verified:

Cathankins Game profile

Apr 6th 2022, 16:13:06

Let’s say an early stock and switch for the late game casher? Would it work?

bayrock Game profile

May 2nd 2022, 1:12:30

Why not try lol. Always gonna be fluff first time but keep finding improvements

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 3rd 2022, 12:26:35

Rep tech to rep cash is a very good strategy in some servers. Dont do it in alliance tho.

Team, Tournament, Primary and express can all have tight tech markets especially early on and rep casher without tech is just a horribly bad country in every way, so the tech start can be a competetive way to play it. :)

A big mistake many people seem to make is that they run a far too long tech phase. The standard these days should be teching around 200-250 turns at 3800ish acres(after 1 mass explore from 1900 acres). This gets you very good techs to start out your growth phase, be it grabbing or exploring. :)

mazooka Game profile

Jun 1st 2022, 0:55:39

Rep tech start cashier was a staple in the game for like 15 years! Cash start is more fun though. You get to change your tax rate every turn!!!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 1st 2022, 4:12:42

Originally posted by mazooka:
Rep tech start cashier was a staple in the game for like 15 years! Cash start is more fun though. You get to change your tax rate every turn!!!

That's also not entirely true..

Sure you can end up gaining a few extra K dollars but honestly some of the easiest ones are the best when it comes to that kind of thing and they don't bother with tax changes in the early game.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 1st 2022, 4:13:51

Forgot to Reply to the original poster:

Yes it works well like Gerd said in servers with a crappy early tech market. so mainly those with no bots, as techer bots will be teching bus/res as you grow from about 4k acres and onwards..

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 2nd 2022, 23:08:00

I’ve done tech starts before but what I was wondering was a longer tech phase where you actually sell tech but he answered that question as well.

I tried that 3800 acre tech start you posted Gerdler and it works quite well, very fun to play.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 23rd 2022, 1:29:53

I'm doing something close in Tournament and Team, i switched to casher on 3900ish acres after teching 100k res/bus and about 80k military, both are all X sitting on about 14k land right now, both cashing close to $10m per turn, i haven't cashed much though because I'm doing explore batches.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 23rd 2022, 11:31:54

Yep both servers with a crappy tech market..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 23rd 2022, 16:48:20

I'm just curious and wondering if I should have done a longer tech phase.....maybe to 150k before converting? I haven't played casher in a long time and i was never any good at it.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

AndrewMose Game profile

Jun 23rd 2022, 19:01:37

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I'm just curious and wondering if I should have done a longer tech phase.....maybe to 150k before converting? I haven't played casher in a long time and i was never any good at it.

In my opinion it very much depends on how fast you are going to grow and how much defense you need to keep to protect your land. If you are only growing at explore rates you will be able to keep up and increase your tech while growing. If you are growing faster as a % of your total land it will be more difficult to keep up your tech rates.

The other factor is defense. I made the mistake in primary this set of not teching long enough and then growing too fast out of the gate and not being able to keep up with Defense, Offense and Tech at the same time. Because R/C require the most tech per acre in the early phase when you can explore 25+ acres per turn you would need to be able to buy something like 750 tech pts per turn to maintain a healthy revenue per acre. I haven't built a spreadsheet for it but there is probably a sweet spot where the growth % of acreage allows for adequate investment in tech and military. I hope this makes sense.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 23rd 2022, 19:38:52

Originally posted by AndrewMose:

In my opinion it very much depends on how fast you are going to grow and how much defense you need to keep to protect your land. If you are only growing at explore rates you will be able to keep up and increase your tech while growing. If you are growing faster as a % of your total land it will be more difficult to keep up your tech rates.

The other factor is defense. I made the mistake in primary this set of not teching long enough and then growing too fast out of the gate and not being able to keep up with Defense, Offense and Tech at the same time. Because R/C require the most tech per acre in the early phase when you can explore 25+ acres per turn you would need to be able to buy something like 750 tech pts per turn to maintain a healthy revenue per acre. I haven't built a spreadsheet for it but there is probably a sweet spot where the growth % of acreage allows for adequate investment in tech and military. I hope this makes sense.

Yeah makes sense, thank you :-)
(•_•)

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Jun 24th 2022, 16:05:23

Running a country is like riding a bike. ~ Joe Biden

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2022, 17:20:09

LOL
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Jun 25th 2022, 14:15:28

Yea look back two sets in tourney game c. #1 guy did a longer tech start and I did what you described. He beat me by 8 mill if I recall correctly

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 27th 2022, 16:17:38

Originally posted by Cathankins:

Yea look back two sets in tourney game c. #1 guy did a longer tech start and I did what you described. He beat me by 8 mill if I recall correctly

Ah ok thanks for the heads up ;-)
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 21:54:33

Ok so after this set I think I can say for sure the bigger tech start seems to be better. I ran this country and teched 200 turns @ 2900 acres

https://www.eestats.com/primary/country/28

The guy that ran this country I noticed seem to tech later (Assuming he did a tech start, pretty sure he did but I haven’t spied him) on 3800 acres, so he converted later than I did but once he did he flew past me very quickly. Next time I tech start I will be 1k acres fatter.

https://www.eestats.com/primary/country/74

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2022, 1:03:11

I tech at 3800 to 3900 acres but I'm no expert....
(•_•)

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 11:50:02

If anyone can find a better one (and is willing to share) I’d like to see it. I’m thinking of attempting to make a comprehensive walk through for new players so they don’t get farmed and not like playing. I’ve got a lot of saved write ups from various players and I think it’s enough to make a good how-to if they are ok with me sharing.

A-Rod Game profile

Nov 13th 2022, 6:59:59

I think you would have better success doing theo techer -> theo casher assuming you did like a 10-15k techer stocking until tech starts to crash, then instead of early jumping or stocking at bushel spike, sell some stock use that theo bpt bonus to rebuild casher, hit any retals you have and farm a few days then finish stocking casher. I don't know if it would be better, but it sounds interesting.

Cathankins Game profile

Dec 13th 2022, 19:39:33

Oh yea that’s really smart. If people convert to theo mbr then maybe that would work as well and maybe better than rep casher, destock would be awesome and you can tech and cash without switching, I like it. My one concern is how hard it is to switch at higher acreage or if you can get enough land for the casher go be worth the $$$ to convert.