Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 2nd 2023, 6:53:55

Mannnnn. I was just poking the forums to say hi and found this more interesting than the bot or toxicity on 1a forums.

Imma be honest. I sort of relate and I think at points we all were very closely similar to Mr Stupid in thinking. Specifically I think Req and KoH were that-ish way at one point. Maybe not in articulation, but in opinion.

I think when he's using the word "admin" he means to swap it for "developer" in a lot of cases. Obviously mods and admins can be biased, sure, but I actually enjoyed the times Prime was obviously harassing me to the times where Prime was not mod boss, and whole servers would go dark on moderation. It might sound crazy, but activity, good or bad, is better than nothing. And I really truly appreciate Prime, gall, Warster, etc, for every time they were active. I still have PTSD from swirve.

It sucks sometimes to see the potential of a thing we all invested innumerable hours into being neglected. I might have paid the money for the pang bux to play to win FFA and Team this set, but the bots were clearly too inconsistently operational on FFA yo enjoy casual play without frustration and the market here just gets smaller and smaller. And as a business owner i would be far too willing to invest in development to help grow or make the game sustainable. Any time pang asked this community for a dollar I've given him two. I get this Stupid guy gets gully on all servers, but this one is by far the most neglected server. It's tough to not blame the good old boy relationships we've all built with each other over the 25 years or so we've all been playing, rather than the lack of development, when you first start or come back to this community. And most of us I think got to know each other thru feuds over policies and semantics that could have been solved with proper development at some point. I think I met KoH on the forums debating politics (where i obviously think he's a super fringy, off-base, conspiracy influenced zealot), and I either met Req as a troll or a suicider. That hasn't defined any of our relationships tho. I think we all came to appreciate each other over the years.

At this point, the game is whatever the players make it, and I'd say just give the new self-proclaimed village idiot time to either quit or coalesce. Frustration with this game is natural, especially for those that do some thinking about how it could improve. And in that way, we're all similar, and should really just appreciate we have each other under the dumbest, most pointless circumstances humans could imagine.

TL;DR for old times sake.
Love y'all! Hope 2023 kicks your 2022's weiner in! God Bless us, everyone!

Edit:
HI GALLERI

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 2nd 2023, 7:19:14
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit