Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 7:12:05

Originally posted by KSFRekuyukai:
Yeah honestly there were ways to make Clan GDI good i cant think of many but im sure some can. I just feel its very very limiting and takes a lot away from the game.

I can tell you right now how to make ClanGDI work for everyone in very simple terms. And I think people should understand the reason it hasn't happened is because someone's lazy or something. The problem is that the game is programmed in php and is a fluffing mess of code in a dead programming language.

If this game was in C# or Python, I hope people understand that any idiot could put thru the necessary changes. The 28 year old game just has 28 year old code. Take nothing away from that fact that some nerd on fiver would probably take this game to a contemporary language for cheap, but reality is, making changes in the current state is very, very difficult.

Originally posted by BlackHole:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I mean....I don't really think people are joking about it. I have no intention to play 1a in its current state unless some good wars crop up with non-GDI clans, which is extremely rare. The FFO get fat and win meta doesn't pique my brain enough to enjoy the game beyond a handful of warchats with old pals.

I'm curious what the outcome of all of this will be, so I assume some of us will linger and see. In its current format tho, I assume not many of us will play it, and as a result will cancel our premium status that mattered most here.

This is what I don't understand.

There are multiple warring clans, complaining they can't war now. Why not war each other? You can still war if you all agree to war.

The problem is you can't war an unwilling participant. That's the real issue, right?

It's interesting you feel that way to me...but I'll indulge you. For the 6 years previous to the last 6 months, all wars were friendly. We've warred each other a bunch and even traded participants to level the playing field. We've kinda just played it out, if that makes sense.

But either way, war wasn't ever supposed to be sustained by us trying to make even sides and roll into nonsense friendly wars. Every person who wars wears a tag they fought for. For me it's ICN, for Reku it is KSF. Wardogs WILL ALWAYS friendly war, but if someone does bad politics to them, they fight with numbers and ferocity. That's why it has been important to keep good relations with them traditionally.