Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 16th 2023, 23:27:38

Hi All,

Thanks to many suggestions and a large amount of feedback, there'll be a new changeset for the first time in a while.

Firstly, a couple of things pointed out for the general base game that lead to undesirable play styles, that will apply to all servers, and then a change for Clan GDI, which only currently applies to Alliance.

1) Military Expenses Multiplier change:
This was a change that probably will allow me to change the bots for the better, and change some dynamics in general. The military expenses multiplier will be changed from:

(1+NW/(200,000,000)) → 36/(24+ln(NW+100,000))

This will result in effectively decreasing the cost per unit as NW goes up, call it due to scales of efficiency.

2) CS Destruction will be reduced, because they make wars on big land reset-wrecking.

a) AB CS destruction will decrease from 0.2389% to 0.1000%
b) BR CS destruction will decrease from 0.04% to 0.01%
c) CM CS destruction will decrease from 0.0022% to 0.0011%

NB-1: Those have many other multipliers attached to them
NB-2: This seems like this is a common theme, as the line for CS in BR's currently looks like this: 'perc_lost' => ($this->changeset >= 22 ? 0.004 : ($this->changeset >= 16 ? 0.04 : ($this->changeset >= 12 ? 0.11945 : 0.2389))),

3) Clan GDI this one is more complicated.

The initial alpha version of Clan GDI was effectively an all-or-nothing free opt-out of war. This is not *entirely* what I wanted, but was a first step given the feedback I was getting.

Thus some changes:

- Clans will have a "Defence Account", denominated in $
- Countries in Clan GDI will pay 1% of "GDP" (NW + Expenses), to this account each turn
- When Ranks are calculated, total Server Growth Rate (SGR) is calculated based on Server TNW growth (say 0.05%); the Defence Account will be multiplied by this growth rate (as in it was being invested)

- Clans >= 5 members can Declare War on other Clans that are >= 5 members (whether or not either are in Clan GDI)
-> the "Defending Clan" will have 24 hours to Accept War or Surrender (after which it is auto-Accepted)
--> If they Accept:
---- The Defence Account is given to each country in the Defending Clan
--> If they Surrender:
---- The Defence Account is zeroed, and given instead to the Attacking Clan
---- 50% of max FA amounts (including on-market goods) are transferred from each Surrendering-Clan country, pooled, and split amongst the Surrendered-To-Clan countries
-> If war is proceeding, either clan may surrender at any time, triggering the payout.
-> If war is proceeding, either clan may make an offer of peace at any time, which may be accepted at any time by the other clan
-> Clans may not declare war on a clan they have previously declared war upon. (Or that >= 20% of their members have been at war with via Clan Wars to avoid weird re-tag loopholes)
-> Clans may Declare Victory once their TNW exceeds 5x their opponents, ending the war without settlement

As always let me know your thoughts.

The Clan GDI changes are highly experimental stil (I'm still working on things technically), but hopefully this will address various parties concerns.

Thanks,

qzjul

Edited By: qzjul on Oct 17th 2023, 3:05:44. Reason: Clarifications and suggestions
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
Finally did the signature thing.