Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2024, 22:35:32

I’m out of the loop having not played much the last year or so, and the forums don’t tell much of a story atm. Grapevine told me tho that Monsters is getting attacked by Mercs and co.

I find that extremely interesting because of the power vacuum effect described by William Golding. Typically when a tyrant loses power, it opens a vacuum in which another tyrant essentially perpetuates the same problems as their predecessors. For example, Iran has had dozens of revolutions led primarily by the people, but you can count on one hand the number of just leaders they’ve had in the last two millennia.

Even so, I just found myself curious why people would come after the old heads and gentlemen of the game. They’re typically the nicest diplomacy cats so I got curious and didn’t see anything on the forums so why not ask publicly? So what gives?

I’m sure it’s probably some LaF hunting going on, but figured I’d ask on behalf of some old friends and allies. Typically if diplomacy broke down with Monsters, you never tried diplomacy. It’s sort of the opposite argument than LaF being terrible at it. Typically they’re very good at it and solutions to problems are very very easy.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 27th 2024, 22:38:32
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit