Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 1st 2024, 18:25:31

The communist nerf to bonus effectiveness was meant to be paired with the reduction of CI bots. The reduction of CI bots did not happen as expected so it seems that CI is in a bad place from a balance perspective. As a result of this, I'm consider changing the penalty during the round. This is not an action that I take lightly and I don't think there's a lot of precedent for it.

Advantages of changing it now:
* Some players (currently 2) may have picked the communist government partially due to the change in bot strategy. It isn't fair to them if there are more CI bots than they expected.
* This could could encourage more players to play CI. I'm not sure if absolute fairness is worth the price of having effectively all players not play CI for a full round due to perceived weakness of strategy.

Disadvantages of changing it:
* We're changing the nerf during the round and some players have already played turns. However, due to the number of turns played and the actual impact of the bonus nerf, I don't think this makes any real practical difference.
* Some players may have already switched to a non-Communist government because of the 30% nerf but would have picked it if they had known it would be 15%. It isn't fair to them to change it now.

I am interested in feedback from the community on this issue. This isn't a vote but I will factor in your comments into the final decision.