Verified:

Evolution Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 6:20:31

Originally posted by mrford:
unless you build it yourself, or get it used, you wont find a desktop (thats with keyboard and monitor) for cheaper than that laptop

besides, running warchats from the fluffter are one of lifes simple pleasures.

If you are talking crappy netbooks. Then correct. Otherwise I disagree. 19inch lcd 100 dollars, keyboard and mouse 15 dollars.

AMD II X2 255 3.1ghz
2 gig DDR3
500gig hd
intergrated graphics

Price: $360 AUD an extra $70-80 for a ati graphics card capable for playing games. Plus 115 for 19 inch Wide screen, keyboard and mouse. Total price $475 for a very decent internet browsing computer. I would recommend 5750 graphics card to be able to play most games to some degree ($106). This is from a store as a complete package.

That will beat all netbooks and crap $500 dollar laptops (usually), if you are American, Costco had some very good laptop prices.

For $680 + 115 you'd get a Sandbridge i5, thats really decent.

EDIT: Also that price doesn't include software, its an extra 80-500 for software depending what you want. You need to tell us your budget, this will allow us to give you the best advice. You may reject getting a computer that is only good for word and internet browsing when for a couple of hundred more it will be faster for longer and you can play games.

Simple rules:
ATI is cheaper than Intel
ATI is cheaper than Nvidia (in most cases)
You don't need more than 500gig hard drive in most cases
2 gigs ram is the minimum but will limit the computers lifespan, 4 gigs is better.

Edited By: Evolution on Apr 17th 2011, 6:25:56
Back To Thread
See Original Post
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.