Verified:

Patience Game profile

Sep 15th 2011, 18:36:25

Originally posted by archaic:
Slander laws in the UK make US patent laws look intelligent. The brits are all about not hurting people feelings.

And yet... when I first moved to the UK, I was stunned with how MEAN they were. Seriously. I mean not on maliciously, but their normal conversational mannerisms - if you had a big nose, or a wart, or a limp, or whatever, you had better be prepared to hear comments about it every single day of your life. lol It seems to be how they break the ice over there. I was in tears twice in the first week. :p

The more I hear about this situation, the fishier it sounds. Why'd the guy plead guilty, and why would they accept a guilty plea from a diagnosed autistic who apparently confessed without a lawyer present? It just sounds off.

[EDIT: Okay, I just read the Guardian article the original one links to, and now I get it. The guy is a total sociopath who stalked all kinds of Facebook tribute pages and did some much more disturbing stuff than was mentioned in the original article. However - I still think FB should have stepped in to resolve it, and found a way to block him.]

Edited By: Patience on Sep 15th 2011, 18:49:56
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.