Verified:

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 7th 2011, 3:28:00

From a completely different point of view, terror and watertowers are correct.

Throwing money/food/water at the problems in Africa are only a band-aid solution, at best. I don't say this because people have children they can't care for - procreation is a natural instinct, and a tool for preserving societies. I say this because there are much deeper problems that need to be solved in many countries in Africa before that food/water/money will ever begin to do even the slightest bit of good to solve the crisis they are currently facing. Unfortunately, Steve Jobs was not capable of doing anything about these problems.

I'm not saying it's a BAD thing to send your pennies a day to help a starving child in Africa - life is life, and as a global community I think it's our duty to do what we can to protect it, especially life that can't protect itself - but until several other issues (infrastructure, corruption, lack of tax collection ability, lack of procedural standards, non-existent ability to enforce decisions of the judiciary, etc) are addressed, that food is nothing but a stop gap and only serves to create an unnatural reliance in lieu of addressing the issues internally.

I think you should really check out some information on Jobs before jumping to conclusions like that braden, because you're wildly off base regarding his view of the world and why he did what he did.

Edited By: NOW3P on Oct 7th 2011, 3:34:23
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit