Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2012, 0:13:50

I like a lot of ideas as well -- they align well with what we've discussed publicly and privately and are clearly evolving through the discussion each time dagga posts some semblance of them. But at the same time, I'm aware that this sort of suggestion really makes wars more rigidly defined and limits the actions of certain classes of players on the server (untaggeds vs tags).

I've personally lobbied for improved abilities of the clan and limiting what untaggeds can do for years (back on E2025 and early in EE) and the response I got was that folks generally liked how untaggeds have the ability to do whatever they want. Folks also felt the same way about clans -- no one should be above anyone else in terms of what they can make the clan do. I've tried to keep that in mind when thinking about changes as I feel that's the will of the people? Am I wrong about that now? Those are my core concerns as an admin...

As for muddling up the water... lol :p. I just like having the changes and suggestions discussed (and saved) in the proper places so that they don't get lost in the sea of garbage on this forum. That's for a few reasons! A lot of the really vocal people (i.e., alliance leaders + very dedicated players + political pundits, myself included in that group) tend to like certain ideas more than other groups because it gives people like *US* more control over things. There's also less of a political bend to any discussion on B&S. Even though it's not necessarily intended to be there, this forum has a weird way of bringing it out. Also, to be perfectly honest, when I see a new thread started by you on AT during a tumultuous time politically, I usually don't pay it much attention :p I didn't notice this until I saw qz as the last poster and was like "oh wtf is qz doing on there... oh, it's a change suggestion topic...". If it was on B&S, I would have probably noticed it sooner.

Anyway, on topic and posting this for the purpose of discussion if nothing else... we actually had some discussion about this topic that General Earl started around the holidays about improving the clan experience. I think we've said several times that the goal is to eventually get a better clan system implemented and the discussion hinges around what that clan system can do. I'd rather go all in and basically make it a federal level of government and your countries are basically states within that nation. I think that makes more sense conceptually for the nature of the server. It could include a simple "minister" system of some kind. There could be different bonuses for different types of federal governments. Maybe you can send FA (maybe just money+cash) to your federal government to redistribute to restarts or smaller countries. Maybe you can "PS" a portion of your defense to clanmates' countries to stop help defend (but if the country dies, your units are gone!). Maybe national gov bonuses could align with state-level government to provide synergies? It opens up a new level of gameplay for the more hardcore players and gives us a new tool for the experienced players to help the new ones out.

I always said that if we're going to make war changes, they're going to need to be big changes. That kind of tectonic shift in how the clan element of this server is played/managed is something that's far overdue and I think dovetails nicely with official war decs and a realignment of who we "protect" on this server.

Edited By: Pang on Jan 12th 2012, 0:18:14
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com