Verified:

General Earl Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 4:09:40

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
How the hell do we hide behind your country? I never understood the argument that Canada hides behind the US for protection as if there's a dozen nations just itching for an opportunity to go to war against Canada and the only thing in their way is our neighbour to the south. That argument just demonstrates the conceit and general ignorance of anything outside of their borders that many Americans suffer from. I assure you. America's military strength contributes very little to the safety and security of Canadians. Aside from Russia's interest in the far North which we're taking care of on our own nobody even gives a fluff that we're here.

You couldnt be more wrong. America is Canada's number one defense PARTNER. Our military forces are both heavily intertwined with each other, and if it ever came down to it, we'd be in those trenches together, side by side. Canada simply doesn't have the population density or the desire or means for a massive and over-budgeted military force. We value peace and good relations with other countries just as much as America does- Though we do have different ways of going about it. Thats another post altogether though.

To think for a second that Canadian interests in the north aren't also American interests is quite ignorant. Canada needs those resources to sell to America! (though also abroad, but moreso USA), America is probably quite happy to protect our borders, because we have those resources they need, and we are more than happy to provide them at a very nice price as well.

The USA/Canada relationship is co-dependant, and we are the 'good cop', and the US is the 'bad cop', but if I had my choice of any 'bigger brother', I can think of no better country than the US. Minor political differences aside, USA kicks ass, and we compliment each other in many ways. As I said, co-dependant on each other! Obviously, I prefer Canada, but I live here and its no contest. We're better in a lot of ways, and I think the US respects that and tries to emulate us in a lot of ways too. Don't go thinking I'm all wannabe American either! We're just very much alike despite our differences.

Edited By: General Earl on Jan 21st 2012, 4:40:36
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!