Verified:

QM Diver Game profile

Jun 8th 2012, 22:01:54

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
Count me in for the internet band .. I recently bought my first electronic drum kit for apartment use. Roland TD-9KX2-G V-Series. Things are amazing if anyone ever gets a chance to play one.

You must be doing well, BigWiggle! Good on ya! I'd love to have a drum set up like that.. But if I spent $2600.00 I'm sure I'd wake up missing my left nut... or worse!..

I played drums for about 12 years professionally. Our band was called '2nd Time Around'. We played our versions of many songs in San Diego county. Our brand of music and performances were called "Concert Rock". At many clubs civilian, and for the base club systems. And tons of parties, from the mid 70's through the 80's.. (The parties were the most fun) Having to manage a band takes more than half the fun out of it. :O(

After 2 of my guys went to LA to work as studio musicians, I've jammed with other bands, Borderline and The Bashers. Cover bands but they were fun to jam with too.

I had to learn guitar to be able to communicate with the guitar players when we were creating. I have a blue Fender strat and a Yamaha accoustic. Also learned flute, to play tunes by Jethro Tull. Ian Anderson was my mentor. They still play, though Ian's voice is nearly shot! My voice still does his tunes well, as does a few others. We've played originals too. Great fun when the audiences stood applauding and later asked for autographs. :O) Haven't signed any of those for an awfull long time. ;o)

I still have and play my drums. They are called "Fibes". Fibes was a spin off from Martin Guitars.. I bought them in 1974. Drum Works double kick and remote high hat. I run 2 high hats, the second is played on Tamma hardware.. The other Stands are Tamma, with nothing but Zildjian cymbals. (I'd gone through other brands of about everything. lol (DW and Tamma are the best hardware out there) 5 of those and 2 sox set ups, totals 9 cymbals and tons of money, to finally get a set up that is nearly in destructable.

Since the good old days we've played on Saturday nights in the garage, known as "Amateur Hour". My pals come by, and we jam.. Not so much anymore though.. At times it sounds great! Other times, it's SO bad the cops come, to shut our sorry asses down! LMAO

I'd love to have an electronic kit, Someday...

It would be great to jam with y'all! That is, if we all had the know how and software to make it possible. Recording has always been a fluff, imo.. To have a tune or 2 recorded to say we've done it, I'd be willing to obtain the software needed if others would, also?..

Hey Gambit, speaking of the 80's.... Wasn't Shredder a rat? No wait, he was the bad guy.. Splinter was the rat.. Love them TMNT's.. Cowabunga!! mmm pizza!

Edited By: QM Diver on Jun 8th 2012, 22:08:24
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
Natural Born Killers
PreZ