Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 4:53:18

I do not like this suggested change.

Reasoning:

With this suggested change, at lower land levels, you have 2 ways to kill a country: Popkill or Landkill. At higher land levels, you cannot landkill a country (well, you can, but it is impractical to do so), and must use popkill.

If you remove the popkill option, that means a large acre country cannot be killed.

This basically makes countries _completely unkillable_ as long as they log on to explore. Imagine this, I am a stonewaller.

You SS and PS me until I'm down to 666 acres, and you either continue to landkill me or popkill me - At this point exploring is the way to go to increase land AND pop to make yourself unkillable.

Not only this, you can even PS your own clan mates (if you can't break enemy restarts with PSes) to generate ghost acres.

Now, you can argue that that is exactly the point - to reduce a country to near-threatless since it has low land and low pop - but it also means your clan needs to constantly maintain 5-10 low NW countries just to keep those unkillable suiciders down.

This change would make wars duller and more boring - in current wars, you have a choice to A) Maim countries B) Kill countries. Removing (B) means you have less overall game choices, if you can only maim countries, it becomes a lot less strategic, you simply always choose to maim the largest country you can break.

Not only that, it makes the GS attack worthless - you can't kill OR maim a country with it, we will instead see countries with a low troop count, because jets and tanks is where it is at, both to AB or BR to maim, and to SS/PS to bring land levels down.

I'm not sure if any of you have thought through this proposed change, but I think it will make the game worse.

If you want to make FSes less powerful, this isn't the way to do it - you want to revert the last 2 changes (ramping up of specials, and the stonewalling change) AND also reduce the amount of max turns you can store.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jan 6th 2013, 4:59:29
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit