Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 16th 2013, 1:22:16

not to complain to qz in public, but i'd have fixed all the glaring problems in the first place if I had root access to the game server to make some changes to the apache config.

the boxcar codebase is garbage and I'd like to just shut it down if there was a public, viable alternative hosted by trustworthy folks... but it really just needs a few apache rules tweaked to work right (non-absolute paths, case insentive queries and probably a few more I'm forgetting about, but if Xin just gave me a braindump of all the issues he flagged earlier in private, it would likely encapsulate all of them). I'm in the same boat as qz -- no time. And with the time I have, ee isn't really on my priority list any more other than coming here once in a while when someone messages me about the most recent outlandish thing to happen. And then I read a few threads, remember why EE's not on my priority list and I go back to other stuff :-(

PS. Mr Copper is just crying wolf; there is no database/security problem in any way shape or form unless someone inserted code without my knowledge prior to the migration to the EE environment.

Edited By: Pang on Apr 16th 2013, 1:28:41
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com