Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2013, 13:49:28

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Originally posted by Pang:
oh and no need to call fazer an idiot for suggesting the only way to get development is to pay the developers... as a developer, I appreciate that sentiment. :)

Pang, I understand the need to pay the developers. But donations is not the way to go about it, and is not a valid business model, and definitely not sustainable. It doesn't even approach anywhere close to KickStarter (which is really a donation trust-based system). And that is why fazer is an idiot.

If anything, an easy way to monetize, can be things like Patron status (say recurring $5 a month) for example, which could automatically credit bonus points to your countries daily without you having to actually go and vote.

mmm i wasn't saying that we were looking for donations, just that I don't think we should be calling people idiots for trying to rally support to help dev. if I wanted to get "donations", I'd do a kickstarter project. your patron note is definitely something we would plan to do if more dev is being done... i already have working code for paypal :p

Edited By: Pang on May 6th 2013, 13:51:48
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com