Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

May 16th 2013, 8:32:27

Originally posted by Crowgora:
I have insane low acres compared to people around me, im a techer and dont need as much, but same thing happened last set and i was all defense last time

Well look at the top networth country right now. 2.4m NW.

Do you have at least half of that, 1.2m NW? If you don't, you risk being grabbed by that 2.4m NW country.

I'll say right now, because the rank 2 country is 2.1m NW, anything below 1.05m NW (half of that) is under danger of being bottomfed from the top countries.

If you are trying to build 300 CSes then start growing in country size, like in Alliance, that's not going to work, because by the time you finish building the CSes, you would be in bottomfeeding range of the top commies (remember humanitarians is 1/4 to 4x on Primary, NOT 1/12 - 12x).

Instead, you need to start grabbing/growing after your initial 160 CS or 200 CS, and build 20 CSes daily (so your daily 54 turns, about 20 will be building CSes, the other 34 would be spying/grabbing/building/teching) from that point until you reach BPT goal. You need to constantly reevaluate your risks of being bottomfed by the top countries, and grow along.

If you are above 1.2m NW at this point and you are getting attacked, it is most likely a malicious topfeed instead. Last I looked, only 1 or 2 countries above 1.2m NW got attacked, and those hits are retals.

It's a lot of early country growth, because the moment you get into bottomfeeding range of the top countries, you aren't climbing back out of the hole unless there are some exceptional market conditions (like $4k tech prices), or you get a lot of Offensive allies to retal with.

I can assure you having 100% all turrets won't help you. The land growth for exploring compared to grabbing for land will only slow your rate of growth to the point you will fall into bottomfeeding range of the top countries.

Not only that, because of GDI rules on Primary (the no double-tapping rule or you break GDI), land grab targets for the top countries are few, by week 6 of the reset, I would have literally grabbed every country between 25%-40% of my NW exactly once, including countries that are all-turrets. To grab further, I would have to increase my own NW to keep targets below 35% of myself to avoid risks of being retalled.

Edited By: Xinhuan on May 16th 2013, 8:40:57
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit