Verified:

DancingBear Game profile

Sep 1st 2013, 20:53:43

I'm a swirver, returning to newEarth early this year. I've been playing more regularly this summer and want to put an idea forward for discussion. I'm not certain that i'm for the idea, but i've enjoyed thinking about its possibilities and implications and i want the bonus points for posting.

Defensive Oil

by allocating oil to defense, you improve your basic defense in a manner identical with the bonus from weapons tech, the varous government bonuses or the defensive bonus from bonus points

if you have no oil, there is no bonus

the defensive oil bonus would apply when defending against SS, PS, AB, BR and GS attacks

only the player's units participating in the defense will use oil

to begin this discussion, consider the defensive oil bonus ranging from 0% to 40%

defensive oil % bonus = oil barrels allocated per unit * 1000

i.e. if using oil at the same rate as the attacker, 25 mil units / barrel = 0.04 barrels / mil unit, then the defensive oil bonus would be 40% = 0.04 * 1000

the player can choose a lower defensive oil bonus to stretch oil supplies when anticipating a sustained attack

the desired defensive oil bonus would be entered on the management page in a manner similar to the tax rate

i don't want to speculate on the work needed to code this idea beyond saying that “it feels doable to me”

as for the implications, i've thought of many, but that will be my next post

thanks for your attention

(and no, if there was a DancingBear in the past, it isn't me)

Edited By: qzjul on Sep 19th 2013, 4:35:21
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit