Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 15th 2014, 20:29:41

Hahaha @hsifreta.

Key points hsifreta's suggestions that make no sense:

1. You cannot fire missiles at people in GDI, even if they failed 10 non-harmful spy ops on you. 4% warfare tech just means you won't get double-tapped, since it is effective deterrent for a second attack (people don't want to break GDI protection). If you haven't yet looked, only 1 country in the top 35 networth is not in GDI.

2. Sending any messages as suggested by hsifreta show that you are a newb, because unless you can actually break by PS (by having enough jets to do so, or your country shows the potential in amassing this amount of jets within a few days), you can't retaliate non-harmful spy ops in any other meaningful way towards a country in GDI protection. But if you have enough jets to retaliate, top countries will in most likelihood not consider attacking you to begin with, so sending such a message is unnecessary. Quite the contrary, a friendly message, asking for advice on how to be a better player, will more than likely make you friends, potential future allies in a future reset, and the likelihood you won't get attacked by him.

3. Spying a country doesn't imply at all any intention to cause harm. I spy on more countries and not attack them, than spying on countries to attack them. This is typically because I spy countries allied to the actual country I want to attack, and most countries have 2 D-allies, I typically spend an equal amount of turns, if not more turns, spying on a target's allies than the actual target I want to landgrab. Sometimes, I spy on a top country to see how they build their country, their tech points allocations, and to compare/contrast their progress vs my own. Sometimes, a target is so difficult to spy, I just don't spy it at all, and instead, spy on a country that has just attacked it to see its military brigade size sent in that attack, estimate the original size of the brigade sent, and send the same amount (adjusted for tech% and any NW movements on the target).

4. Posting your number in public might backfire, and cause more attention to your country by attaching a forum personality to it. Based on past attack news, attack behavior, past history of successful/failed retals, percentage of failed attacks, warring history, and forum personality, etc, it may or may not provide more incentive people to attack further.