Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 27th 2014, 22:01:59

The Passport is a really nice phone. If you use it for work stuff like viewing docs or writing e-mails/texts/browsing it's a really nice device that you don't need to keep turning sideways to get a decent width for viewing media/PPTs.

As soon as you want to use consumer-focused apps the use case isn't as strong for BB devices in general even with access to more Android apps. What devices did you have that you liked/didn't like?

I've always enjoyed the BBs I had for e-mail, texting, BBM and business productivity stuff. The Passport continues down the path that things like the Curve and Bold compared to the Z10 and other BB10 stuff.

The offer itself is a sliding scale -- $350 for an iPhone 4S up to $550 for an iPhone 6. And it's to offset the purchase of a Passport, which is like $600...
I don't think it's targeted at the consumer market for that reason and it ends up being a "gotcha" based on how the media is playing it up. It's clearly targeted at all the enterprises who moved away from BB to iPhone over the last couple of years and need the financial incentive to make the switch back. BB has a TON of cash reserves so it makes sense to buy back some of the market share they lost when they took their eyes off the enterprise market.

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com