Verified:

Kill4Free Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 15:26:43

Aye, true, but I am talking about playing a days worth of turns while stocking. A reps ending expenses will be the same as they started with.
A commie that is stocking will be selling 1/3 (35% ish) of all its military a day, so to reach that point it will end up with 50% more military then it started with.
Assumming you sell everytime. If you don't sell and have to wait and use 2 days worth of turns, you will end up with double the expenses you started with, and take a while to go down to just the 50% increase.

Say Rep starts with 1mil expenses
Commie starts with 1mil.

Reps ends with 1mil after 80 turns, costing 80mil. It's income is constant.

Comming starts with 1mil, ends with 1.5mil (slightly more if you use 35% instead of 33%). I guess that is only 25% higher expenses, and with same amount of tech assuming it is more then the minimum the extra 2% a commie gets would not counter it.

This is best case senario.

Mid case is your stuff doesn't sell, you have to use 126 worth the next day after you take it off the market and it does sell. (Only way to avoid this is sell dirt cheap, which also counters how much Enshula says commie's make), and you will end up with about 1.8mil expenses, say a 40% increase in expenses overall.

Now worst case, your stuff doesn't sell, you have that much extra income, before you get it to sell for a lot cheaper then you wanted. And after using your turns, you can only sell 35% of what you have, hence making it so your next day expenses are 20% higher then a reps - at the start, at the end it is double.

Commies are amazing on paper, and if you can know what price something will sell at, while not undercutting you can grow. But all it takes is a simple market flux and you will have massive expenses you have to pay.

I think commies just need a little bit more to fill a niche, and they will still not be played greatly, but will be practical for the roll they fill, hence the cash corruption idea.

Edited By: Kill4Free on Sep 9th 2010, 15:32:23
Back To Thread
See Original Post
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK