Verified:

TAN Game profile

Apr 7th 2015, 23:33:24

There's a vid in the article: http://www.nytimes.com/...-in-black-mans-death.html

And the scumbag planted his tazer on the guy, saying he tried to take it. Imagine if no one took a vid of this. This police officer taints the duty of cops everywhere.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 1:12:32

Lulz
wasn't me...

BladeEWG Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 1:16:33

And they should get the other cop on accessory to murder charges.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 1:27:48

I'm going to piss off people here, in the 15th second of the video (that clearly has been edited) if you pause it you will see the "innocent" suspect making physical contact aka in a struggle with the "racist" officer, where's the edited part?, why is it blacked out?

Nothing to see here folks, just another "cops are racist" attempt video.

/me runs

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Apr 8th 2015, 1:30:40
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 1:32:22

Very clearly was engaged with the officer before the video 'focused'
The Death Knights

XI

TAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 1:35:07

What happened was before the video started, the cop was trying to ticket him on a broken tail light charge. The guy was uncooperative so he got tazed but he shrugged it off and got into a scuffle with the cop. Then the video starts and you the cop drops the tazer, and the other guy starts to run.

Then the cop pulls out his gun and shoots him 8 times in the back. And after that's over, he runs back, picks up the tazer, and places it next to his body, telling the other cops he shot him because he was trying to wrestle the tazer away from him.

And let's say that actually happened (which it didn't). The guy was unarmed at the end and running away. NOTHING justifies shooting him in the back.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 1:40:57

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 1:47:46

Originally posted by TAN:
The guy was uncooperative so he got tazed but he shrugged it off and got into a scuffle with the cop.

Case in point.

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 1:48:44

So the TAZE didnt work. The man didnt go down. Lethal force is next.

Cause i know i wont be engaging someone high on meth, pcp or whatever caused him to not go down. He was/is fleeing detention/arrest.
The Death Knights

XI

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 2:05:50

Something bugs me about that video...why is nobody concerned about the guy video taping this? You would think that a "dirty" cop would try to keep witnesses to a minimum, especially when someone is waving a phone or camera around.

BladeEWG Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 2:11:15

An unarmed suspect runs and the cop unloads 8 in his back.
How was the cop in risk at that point?
Pursuit is in order and you don't outrun radio
And he goes back to pick up the taz and drops it by the victim . Why? Was he afraid of littering?
The video taker is on the other side of the fence. No one seemed to notice him
Zoom maybe?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 2:15:40

/facepalm
(•_•)

TAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 2:15:59

Jesus Christ, America is dead. When you have people supporting cops being judge, jury and executioner, you realize that America is no longer America. RIP the land of the free. Long live the land of you have the right to shoot anyone who disobeys you.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 2:18:42

Jesus Christ, America is dead. When you have people supporting cops being judge, jury and executioner, you realize that America is no longer America. RIP the land of the free. Long live the land of you have the right to shoot anyone who disobeys you.

We need to eradicate the "stupid" gene, this is a good start....struggle with cop > beat the tazer > run > dai :-)
(•_•)

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 2:33:45

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
And he goes back to pick up the taz and drops it by the victim . Why? Was he afraid of littering?
Zoom maybe?
Ok, let the guy run and then steal a car leading police on a high speed chase, here's the kicker...he plows into your wife/kids/mom/loved ones, killing them...nah, like u said, let him get away
wasn't me...

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 2:35:11

And f u tan u whiny lil fluff
wasn't me...

TAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 2:37:14

Originally posted by Jayr:
Zoom maybe?
Ok, let the guy run and then steal a car leading police on a high speed chase, here's the kicker...he plows into your wife/kids/mom/loved ones, killing them...nah, like u said, let him get away

It doesn't matter, it's illegal for the police to shoot someone unarmed and in the back. It's an actual LAW. This ain't no minority report fluff. You can't shoot someone for something they didn't do yet.

You'd be cool if someone shot you right now because down the road you could kill someone? Nice logic.

Man gtfo of America and go join ISIS.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 3:05:55

He was actively fleeing police...I doubt stealing a car would be out of his moral reasoning. But yeah I see your point, a lot of could a should a would a in that situation but still I think a key piece of that video is missing for a reason.
wasn't me...

TAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 3:21:16

Who gives a fluff what happened before the video started? The guy had his back turned and was running away. He posed no threat to the police officer. Case closed.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 3:22:55

MURICA YA!!!

Mr E

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 3:43:12

Police misconduct - and murder by police as obvious as this - has two very negative effects.

1) It erodes community support for their police departments, seriously affecting future relations with the community they are supposed to serve and protect.
If you repeatedly see individual "bad apple" officers displaying disrespect for and abuse of the law, can you really expect more respect and cooperation from the citizens of those communities?

And it's not just the acting bad apples, it's the blue brotherhood code of silence. If not for this video, the murdering cop's story would have been backed up by the other officer on the scene. With the increasing frequency of citizen video it becomes obvious that police officers are incapable of policing themselves due to their unspoken code of silence. If you want to advance your career in policing you do not whistleblow fellow officer's abuses; even the person that joins the force with all good intent finds himself in the position of having to make a choice between career or justice.
And don't think for a moment that the people in those communities are not aware of this. That code of silence makes all cops untrustworthy, even if they themselves would never shoot an unarmed fleeing suspect in the back.

2) In an effort to protect their own worldview, certain ideological groups will be blinded by their own wall of tribal bias and bend themselves into some very intricate and convoluted moral positions to justify the wrongful actions of groups they feel a need to identify with and consider to be their peers in a black and white (in more ways than one) debate.

Of course it was stupid to run from the cop. Are you really going to make the case that he deserved an on-the-spot death sentence? Obviously this was an unjustified police killing. To claim otherwise you have to be willing to deny your own intellect and betray your own integrity in an attempt to keep your own perverse world view intact.

America has been terminal for decades. There's a sick tribal hatred that is nurtured by a nasty mix of bigotry, tribalism and fundamentalism. Higher education promoting critical thought has become the enemy. History has been re-written and the news of the day is military / corporate / political and consumerism-based propaganda.
It's been a slow decline but we're now well into the point of watching the US fluffting and pissing it's own pants. Just look at what lengths otherwise good people will stretch the limits of morality to hold firm to their distorted points of view.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 4:01:20

We have the best police officers in the world.

Nuff said.
(•_•)

elvesrus

Apr 8th 2015, 5:09:52

If ours are the best I feel bad for the rest of the world.

from the article which appears to have gone mostly unread "A white police officer in North Charleston, S.C., was charged with murder on Tuesday after a video surfaced showing him shooting in the back and killing an apparently unarmed black man while the man ran away." and also "The Supreme Court has held that an officer may use deadly force against a fleeing suspect only when there is probable cause that the suspect “poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.”"

I'm no expert, but seems shooting an unarmed suspect 30 feet away with his back to the officer in a wide open park with nobody else on that side of the fence was definitely posing "significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others" (that would be sarcasm).

The officer made at least one major mistake that could have caught him even without the video. He should have put the taser in the dead mans hand before letting it fall to the ground. no prints on the taser and he obviously didn't grab it.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 8th 2015, 13:15:09

the only threat to the public in this incident seems to be the 3 stray bullets that missed the suspect and could have harmed someone else.

this happens far too often for it to be considered isolated incidents... that's pretty sad.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 15:03:15

There are over a million cops in the US. If you take a sample size of 1,000,000 persons from anywhere in the world, you are going to get some bad apples, and some really bad apples. Yes, there is a selection process and what not but the funding isn't really there for more thorough selective and training. It is fairly hard, and really expensive, to train every officer to react in a positive manner more times than not in a perceived life and death situation.

Let me put it this way. If there were even as many as 1 unjustified cop killing a day, it would still be less than 0.037% of the police force fluffing up in a given year. I agree one is too many, but we have to be realistic here. I see a lot of complaining, and no legit suggestions on solutions. You all just seem to like to be offended.

This being said, play stupid games get stupid prizes. Do not get into a scuffle with a cop and then run away. Most cops arnt going to kill you for it, but you never know apparently.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

earf

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 15:38:58

Zoom maybe?

hopefully this cop gets the death penalty

Cee Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 15:54:19

Originally posted by mrford:
There are over a million cops in the US. If you take a sample size of 1,000,000 persons from anywhere in the world, you are going to get some bad apples, and some really bad apples. Yes, there is a selection process and what not but the funding isn't really there for more thorough selective and training. It is fairly hard, and really expensive, to train every officer to react in a positive manner more times than not in a perceived life and death situation.

Let me put it this way. If there were even as many as 1 unjustified cop killing a day, it would still be less than 0.037% of the police force fluffing up in a given year. I agree one is too many, but we have to be realistic here. I see a lot of complaining, and no legit suggestions on solutions. You all just seem to like to be offended.

This being said, play stupid games get stupid prizes. Do not get into a scuffle with a cop and then run away. Most cops arnt going to kill you for it, but you never know apparently.

Leave it to Mr. F to dissect this mathematically. I love it.

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:00:54

Swagger of a Chupacabra

earf

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 16:01:54

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I'm going to piss off people here, in the 15th second of the video (that clearly has been edited) if you pause it you will see the "innocent" suspect making physical contact aka in a struggle with the "racist" officer, where's the edited part?, why is it blacked out?

/me runs
you are flufftarded. he could kick the Cop in the jimmy and call his mother a whore. that still doesnt give the cop the right to murder a man running away. Justice For #WalterScott #DeathPenaltyForSlager #DeathToKillerCops

TAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:17:04

Leave it to mrford to justify murder. "oh he shouldn't have ran away."

You know what? For every person that says that, I hope it happens to them. Would be nice to get rid of stupidity from this world.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Frodo Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:17:55

Originally posted by earf:

/me runs
you are flufftarded. he could kick the Cop in the jimmy and call his mother a whore. that still doesnt give the cop the right to murder a man running away. Justice For #WalterScott #DeathPenaltyForSlager #DeathToKillerCops

#HashtagsOutsideOfTwitterAreStupid #Don'tBeThatGuy

BUTTMAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:23:56

Who gives a fluff what happened before the video started? The guy had his back turned and was running away. He posed no threat to the police officer. Case closed.

I would give a fluff, everyone should give a fluff. Qualified Immunity is a real thing, case not-so-closed.

I do my best to avoid these threads, move along, nothing to see here..

TAN Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:36:14

BUTTMAN go move to Saudi Arabia with that stupid fluff. Has no place in America, where we have due process and cops can't do whatever the fluff they want.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:42:44

Leave it to mrford to justify murder. "oh he shouldn't have ran away."

You know what? For every person that says that, I hope it happens to them. Would be nice to get rid of stupidity from this world.

quit being a jackass sensationalist. never did i justify murder. you are so over the top you are hurting your own cause.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mdevol Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:48:02

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:

I would give a fluff, everyone should give a fluff. Qualified Immunity is a real thing, case not-so-closed.

I do my best to avoid these threads, move along, nothing to see here..

NOO!!! WE NEED JUSTICE!!!! AND THEN WHEN WE GET JUSTICE (as far as the legal system will allow us) WE NEED TO SHOW UP AT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND SHOOT THE COPS AS THEY WALK OUT FROM GETTING FIRED!!! THAT WILL SHOW THEM!!! THEY WILL REALLY LISTEN TO US THEN!!!

See: Ferguson, Missouri

Look, this fluff is tragic. We all agree on that. There are also very VERY clear understandings with dealing with police 1) do not hit them 2) do not point a weapon at them 3) do not run from them 4) do not resist arrest. That is about it and you wont get abused or shot. Unfortunatly in this situation, as well with Ferguson and as well with the Dillon Taylor episode (black cop shooting unarmed white kid) they either hit the cop, ran from the cop, resisted arrest, or a combination of the 3.

If we want to have a conversation about HOW to move forward, lets have that conversation, as adults. This dialog is exactly what the powers that be want you to have, the divided, us against them / black vs white mentality. We need to work together to come up with solutions.

If you are passionate enough about it, go to your local township/community meetings and be part of changing the policies in your own community. fluffing about it on an internet forum and not doing something about it outside of that serves no purpose. learn the laws, if you disagree with them, work to change them. that is the beauty of this country, we as citizens can make change happen.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Trife Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 16:49:19

HE WAS COMING RIGHT AT HIM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 18:03:55

Originally posted by earf:

/me runs

,,!,, (-_-) ,,!,,
(•_•)

elvesrus

Apr 8th 2015, 19:06:49

Seems like a decent way to fix this fluff is to reward reporting their fellow officers by dissolving the silent fraternity, but that will never happen.

BTW, I'm afraid that if I stand still with hands clasped non threateningly in the front where they can see them I'll be the white eric garner. 6'7/2m 220lb/100kg can be intimidating on its own without any additional actions.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 8th 2015, 19:32:13

I see a lot of complaining, and no legit suggestions on solutions. You all just seem to like to be offended.

cameras on cops' uniforms. that's been suggested for years :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 19:34:12

Originally posted by Pang:
I see a lot of complaining, and no legit suggestions on solutions. You all just seem to like to be offended.

cameras on cops' uniforms. that's been suggested for years :p

and it is being implemented, but extremely slowly. it is really expensive and the logistics behind it are daunting.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 19:40:36

The police department where i live has $1mill budgeted for cameras next year, and another $400K for operating them.

The police department where i grew up just spent $7mill on 1,600 cameras, enough for 90% of their officers. Training and implementation is said to need another 6-9 months.

where do you think smaller municipal departments are going to get the money for these cameras?

so, not cheap, but it is being worked on and im sure there will be a lot of growing pains along the way. i dont know too many people who would want to be wearing a camera all day, even on their breaks.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 8th 2015, 19:53:36

i dont know too many people who would want to be wearing a camera all day, even on their breaks.

I agree; I would not want to wear a camera. But I also have no desire to be a police officer, carry a gun and fight crime either so it seems reasonable to have someone who is trusted with that to be camera'ed up.

Just spend some of the resources put into all the maintenance of military surpluses equipment into Go Pros and you're set :p

unless "it's too hard and expensive" is the new American way
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 19:58:46

that isnt what i said. you are just as bad as TAN with your hyperbole and sensationalism. it is just as big of a joke as the people you are persecuting for supporting dirty cops.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 20:02:17

the biggest part of the cost of cameras for PD's are going to be the storage of all the data, and the time for folks to go in an manually scrub any names or medical stuff for privacy concerns for tapes to be released due to FOIA requests

but holy fluff ford, your PD is spending $4,375 dollars per camera

that fluff best be in 4K HD 3D resolution

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 20:03:52

you just explained why in the first paragraph of your post....lol it isnt just for the cameras.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 20:05:05

Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 21:23:38

you just explained why in the first paragraph of your post....lol it isnt just for the cameras.

i just read your post where it only mentioned the $$ for cameras.

but in the the article it does mention that it goes towards operating expenses. also interesting to see it mentioned in the article that the lawyers are trying to figure out if a bodycam is public record.

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 21:32:53

would add a ton of man hours to editing the footage if that were to be made the case.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 8th 2015, 21:35:14

Lawyers have to and will get involved, remember the stop light cams debacles? All that tax payers money went to fluffs!
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Apr 8th 2015, 21:36:03

that was more because a private enterprise was profiting off direct enforcement of a law.
Swagger of a Chupacabra