Verified:

Vamps Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 5:38:37

I know I'm late to the party, but my gf bought us the season 1&2 DVD set as a Christmas gift and I'm hooked. I'm borrowing the season 3 and 4 DVD sets from by brother (also hooked) and am catching up on the show as we speak. I don't mind paying for the show, but subscribing to HBO Go for $20 a month through my cable provider seems steep for a show that (once caught up) will give me 10 episodes per season ($20+ per episode?). Are there any other options for streaming season 5 without a full subscription?

I googled this and all that comes up are torrent suggestions. I want to give them money for a good show, but this is the only show I will have time to watch, so a full subscription seems overkill. Does anyone watch this show, in a similar boat as I am, who might have another suggestion for watching season 5?

mrford Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 5:45:28

there is no way to give HBO money other than subscribing, or buying the box set a year from now.

either wallet up or download it. it wont be $20 per episode since there are ~4 episodes a month. at most you will need 3 or 4 months subscription. still expensive though.

the first 4 episodes have already been leaked and are on piratebay.

Edited By: mrford on Apr 15th 2015, 5:47:28
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Apr 15th 2015, 13:32:55

Torrent now, buy the season when it comes on blue ray.

Where's my prize?
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 15th 2015, 14:19:46

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
Torrent now, buy the season when it comes on blue ray.

Where's my prize?

Sadly, this is probably the most reasonable option for both watching it now and giving them money for it.
Finally did the signature thing.

Trife Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 14:52:24

create a hot tub time machine

travel a year or whatever into the future, buy GoT on DVD/Bluray and a sports almanac, return to 2015, profit

juice Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 16:49:27

I became a Verizon cell phone customer in 2003 and as soon as Verizon FiOS was available in my neighborhood (2009), I signed up.

Back in Dec, verizon gave me HBO for 3 months for free, without me asking for it. It's now been 5 months and they haven't taken it away.

So, if the Hot Tub Time Machine won't allow you to travel into the future, then go into the past and become a loyal verizon customer and maybe they will give you HBO for free, like me.

(on another note)...last year, I rented an apartment for a few months, which meant I needed cable. Unfortunately, Comcast was the only available choice. Fortunately, HBO came with the package we got and they had all 4 seasons available on demand.

So yeah, basically, either pay for HBO, pirate it, or go to a friends house and make a party of Sunday nights for a few months.

Trife Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 17:01:26

Originally posted by juice:
go to a friends house

pfft we all know vamps doesn't have any friends

but i can't throw stones whilst living in a glass house

braden Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 17:06:38

obama pays for mortgages on glass houses?

Vamps Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 17:42:40

I became a Verizon cell phone customer in 2003 and as soon as Verizon FiOS was available in my neighborhood (2009), I signed up.

Back in Dec, verizon gave me HBO for 3 months for free, without me asking for it. It's now been 5 months and they haven't taken it away.

I'm a verizon cell phone customer and FIOS recently became available in my area for internet. The problem I have with FIOS is that they are farming out the TV services to direct TV in my area, and direct TV has a lot of service issues around here (probably does not help that it's always snowing).

Originally posted by Trife:
go to a friends house

pfft we all know vamps doesn't have any friends

Hurtful :-(

In other news, it looks like my provider will throw me on at a "discounted rate" for around $10/month. That seems a lot more reasonable, though I'm still surprised HBO doesn't have a way that you can purchase a single show or single episodes... I wonder if an option like that were available, how many people would be willing to pay vs using torrents.

Colo Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 17:51:03

primewire.ag

Not the highest quality, but in a pinch free is free.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 15th 2015, 18:05:27

can get the online sub for cheaper

XiQter

Apr 15th 2015, 19:20:11

no

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2015, 21:23:09

Originally posted by Vamps:
I know I'm late to the party, but my gf bought us the season 1&2 DVD set as a Christmas gift and I'm hooked. I'm borrowing the season 3 and 4 DVD sets from by brother (also hooked) and am catching up on the show as we speak. I don't mind paying for the show, but subscribing to HBO Go for $20 a month through my cable provider seems steep for a show that (once caught up) will give me 10 episodes per season ($20+ per episode?). Are there any other options for streaming season 5 without a full subscription?

I googled this and all that comes up are torrent suggestions. I want to give them money for a good show, but this is the only show I will have time to watch, so a full subscription seems overkill. Does anyone watch this show, in a similar boat as I am, who might have another suggestion for watching season 5?
Edited...I cldnt spoil it for u. That'd be a fluff move lol
wasn't me...

neal

Apr 15th 2015, 21:40:00

vamps im going to bite you

you can pay for it on sling or on appletv (have to use some apple product a la ipad or something and you can get hbo go from there)

braden Game profile

Apr 15th 2015, 23:09:50

every time i see dvd i read it as tvd..

sex is great, the best way to catch VD..

.. come on; word play, liz lemon..

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2015, 2:05:29

More like turd play, jizz lemons
wasn't me...

juice Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 2:14:49

Originally posted by Vamps:
I'm a verizon cell phone customer and FIOS recently became available in my area for internet. The problem I have with FIOS is that they are farming out the TV services to direct TV in my area, and direct TV has a lot of service issues around here (probably does not help that it's always snowing).

They have this problem is the city near my house. Comcast told the city council that if they allowed FiOS TV, then comcast would move all their employees out of the city, which means they wouldn't have to pay the city tax. So FiOS customers inside the city limits are only able to get internet and phone. Just one more reason I'll never move within the city limits.

Trust me, if Verizon was allowed to provide FiOS TV to you, they would. It's not their preference to use Direct TV.

Jelly

Apr 16th 2015, 3:30:09

EVERYONE DIES

braden Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 4:32:56

Originally posted by Jayr:
More like turd play, jizz lemons

WORD PLAY, LIZ LEMON.. I LOVE IT; SPOT ON !! ;)

archaic Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 13:42:03

Read the books maybe?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Trife Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 16:39:15

Originally posted by archaic:
Read the books maybe?

reading is for nerds

Twain Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 18:04:09

Another option (especially if you still have some catching up):

Wait until 6-7 episodes are out, add HBO for one month, watch the first 6-7 On Demand, and watch the rest as they come new.

Of course, this means you have to wait and avoid spoilers until probably the end of May or so.

Or, try to get your money's worth by getting into other HBO shows while you have it. Newsroom is one that I enjoy, and it's only a 3-season show, so it's not a huge time investment as other shows are. Or another one that to me, almost seems like a pre-cursor to Game of Thrones is Rome, which kind of gets into the same type of political gamesmanship, but in the world of Julius Caesar's and Caesar Augustus's Rome.

braden Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 18:50:52

twain: the kid who plays octavian, a young augustus, does a fantastic job in his role. all these years later i am still taken aback by his portrayal.

archaic Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 21:58:52

spend one night a week in a hotel with HBO?

braden Game profile

Apr 16th 2015, 22:41:44

spend one night a week in a hotel with an underaged lady of the night who enjoys HBO?

i dont know why he didnt just say what we all know he meant..

Twain Game profile

Apr 17th 2015, 14:05:19

Originally posted by braden:
twain: the kid who plays octavian, a young augustus, does a fantastic job in his role. all these years later i am still taken aback by his portrayal.

Yeah, from the very beginning they did a great job with his character, from the scripting to the directing to the acting.

I might have to rewatch those this summer if we still have HBO when I'm on summer break. It's a pretty good show, and sometimes there's something pretty great about a show only doing a few seasons (2, in this case), rather than keeping it going way beyond when it's capable of maintaining its quality.

njwang Game profile

Apr 19th 2015, 9:23:37

hi vamps

https://www.sling.com/...MehyOCFgsUCFUJrfgod2DcAUQ

sling has it but you have to pay hella money

Symbolic Game profile

Apr 19th 2015, 10:54:21

I just finished the 5th book :D Maybe you should try reading them? Its a wicked read though

mrford Game profile

Apr 19th 2015, 23:02:15

read?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ChokeMOut Game profile

Apr 20th 2015, 18:35:29

Do Not Read the Books!

I've read them and enjoyed them, but waiting 5+ years between installments is just frustrating. Wait until GRRM or his successor finishes the series and then read them.
"There are no true knights. No more than there are gods."

archaic Game profile

Apr 20th 2015, 18:52:55

Originally posted by braden:
spend one night a week in a hotel with an underaged lady of the night who enjoys HBO?

i dont know why he didnt just say what we all know he meant..

You can not prove ANYTHING!