Verified:

Untagged Hunter

Jul 14th 2015, 22:50:23

fluff rainbow

Dissident Game profile

Jul 15th 2015, 4:46:19

Originally posted by mrford:
Originally posted by Dissident:
are you going to get all outraged when they start changing street names too?

those poor statues... how are they going to feed their families in this Obama economy?

That isn't the point and you know it. Or you have too simplistic of a view to see it.

Once it starts, where does it stop? We are turning into a tip toeing, politically correct, go out of our way to make sure no one is offended, society. fluff cant get done because we are too focused on everyone liking everything.

When did everyone become a special little snowflake?

*shrugs*
IM a special little snowflake...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 15th 2015, 6:25:43

We know, we all know :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Twain Game profile

Jul 15th 2015, 17:55:31

The slippery slope argument is the easy one to use for people who just don't want anything to change.

"We can't have universal background checks on guns because we'll end up with the government raiding our homes taking away all our guns!"

"We can't let them take down a flag that 30% of the population finds hateful towards their racial group because next thing you know, our rights to free speech will be gone!"

The fact is, except in very rare, extreme cases, the "slippery slope" outcome never happens.
It's just a way for people to fearmonger the masses to try to protect the status quo.

I'd argue that if there are a bunch of flags and statues on public property that symbolized the oppression of a group within our society, especially when that group is 30% of the state's population in South Carolina, that perhaps it shouldn't have taken until 2015. And if private citizens or corporations are making decisions about the Confederate flag or about statues of Confederate war figures, then, in actuality, they're just exercising their own freedom of speech or expression to take those down.

Of course, instead, we could go with the whole "We white people are being oppressed" argument.

elvesrus

Jul 15th 2015, 18:26:23

last I checked 30% wasn't a majority and the US is supposed to be a democracy (as laughable as that last bit is)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 16th 2015, 22:28:43

Originally posted by Twain:
The slippery slope argument is the easy one to use for people who just don't want anything to change.

"We can't have universal background checks on guns because we'll end up with the government raiding our homes taking away all our guns!"

"We can't let them take down a flag that 30% of the population finds hateful towards their racial group because next thing you know, our rights to free speech will be gone!"

The fact is, except in very rare, extreme cases, the "slippery slope" outcome never happens.
It's just a way for people to fearmonger the masses to try to protect the status quo.

I'd argue that if there are a bunch of flags and statues on public property that symbolized the oppression of a group within our society, especially when that group is 30% of the state's population in South Carolina, that perhaps it shouldn't have taken until 2015. And if private citizens or corporations are making decisions about the Confederate flag or about statues of Confederate war figures, then, in actuality, they're just exercising their own freedom of speech or expression to take those down.

Of course, instead, we could go with the whole "We white people are being oppressed" argument.

Too bad you never learned anything from your namesake, bro. He would see things in their proper light, not some disfunctinoal "Why can't we all get along" bullfluff view.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Atryn Game profile

Jul 16th 2015, 22:35:44

Originally posted by elvesrus:
last I checked 30% wasn't a majority and the US is supposed to be a democracy (as laughable as that last bit is)

Holy fluff... do you really not understand the concept of "tyranny of the majority" and why it is a bad thing?

Frybert Game profile

Jul 16th 2015, 22:40:06

Originally posted by elvesrus:

The US was never a democracy, it is and has been a republic.

Atryn Game profile

Jul 16th 2015, 22:52:52

Atryn Game profile

Jul 16th 2015, 22:55:14

BTW, the above is also interesting since Oklahoma wasn't even part of the Confederacy....

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 17th 2015, 1:26:47

OMG, you read that liberal feminazi rag Mother Jones? No wonder you're so brain damaged.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Atryn Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 1:52:40

I have no idea what you are talking about. This appeared on a ton of sites after the image was posted to Twitter. Pick any of them and stop ignoring the point.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 17th 2015, 4:59:48

Originally posted by Cerberus:
OMG, you read that liberal feminazi rag Mother Jones? No wonder you're so brain damaged.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Heston Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 6:07:45

❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

elvesrus

Jul 17th 2015, 6:55:47

Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Heston Game profile

Jul 19th 2015, 18:31:28

Here is the reality of the worthless confederate flag.

https://youtu.be/qDhddJg5rGA

Duff Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2015, 1:18:48

long live the south we will rise again

Atryn Game profile

Jul 20th 2015, 2:34:10

Man, are any of you capable of responding with anything other than some youtube video or a knee-jerk insult?

Heston Game profile

Jul 20th 2015, 3:03:21

Originally posted by Atryn:

Man, are any of you capable of responding with anything other than some youtube video or a knee-jerk insult?

Yes. Scroll way way back on my post history. I have my moments.

Btw. Go fluff yourself.

Heston Game profile

Jul 20th 2015, 3:03:39

👍😜

Colo Game profile

Jul 21st 2015, 3:28:37

*farts and wafts to my nose*

Smug in here

Edited By: Colo on Jul 21st 2015, 3:32:24

Twain Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 2:05:40

[quote poster=Cerberus; 36724; 669370]
Originally posted by Twain:

Too bad you never learned anything from your namesake, bro. He would see things in their proper light, not some disfunctinoal "Why can't we all get along" bullfluff view.

Because I'm sure you're an expert on Mark Twain's views, right?
Like, you've studied him extensively?
Like, you've taken numerous classes on American Literature and read his collected works?
Like, you've earned multiple degrees in Literature and Rhetoric and know what you're talking about?