Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 6th 2017, 12:04:57

Originally posted by raz:
well forgot to platy the last 75b, would have gave me $5.1/.2 b

Gerdler did you have any outside help other than your 16 countries?

No outside help except mob and especially Derrick did most work in cleaning up suiciders. I killed 1 suicider that hit me myself and helped with 2 others that hit us but Derrick did most of the heavy lifting there.

I won't play a full FFA string for quite a while since it takes far to much time.

I did a lot of first time FFA mistakes as I never knew what to expect from the market. Like for example I switched almost all my tyr farmers late-mid game to fascist farmer/oiler because I thought the oil spike would be permanent and that the food price would not go up so much, so that was like 20-30% switching losses to a lower production. :/
I also logged into 5-16 countries at 120(120) many times this set and often had to just build 120 CS or cash 120 turns just because I was traveling or had to get to bed. I probably lost ~2-3k turns and played another 15-20k really in a hurry and suboptimally like that, which hurts my netter heart.
But I guess I'm not alone in that because I can't imagine anyone having the time or motivation to play a full string optimally for 60 days. Which is what I really don't like; when the game becomes 'who spends the most time wins'. It is in essence the reason I liked E2025 in the first place because it was a game that premiered brains over effort, atleast above a certain level of effort. With FFA and with war in any team/alliance game that is no longer true, which in my mind is what makes the game too cumbersome for people.