Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2019, 13:05:30

I’m really excited to share some more information about something that I’ve been hinting at publicly for quite a while: the launch of a public beta for an updated look and feel for Earth Empires!

When we built this game, it was under immense time pressure. Even after that, doing a UI redesign project was never made a priority. The interface is effectively stuck in the 90s, with a few pieces of early Web 2.0 (War Room, for instance) peppered in here and there. This work marks the first time we’ve made an attempt to build something that is modern, mobile focused and something we can iterate on much more quickly than what we have today. It’s been an effort that’s been in the works off and on for over a year with a big push this summer.

There is still lots to do to get things polished to the point of being able to be made into the default UI for players, but we want to start getting feedback from our players and put it in your hands to see how we can make it better.

To start, we’ll be looking for feedback on conceptual things — is the way we do navigation good? Do the forms perform well? How is the mobile experience? Are some of the new UI concepts improvements? Stuff like that. Some of these topics are already posted on the New UI Project forum.

We’ll move into both the design aspects (colours and general look stuff) and some more of the nitty gritty bug fixing and experience improvements as we move through the beta, but the big conceptual things sort of need to be set before we can move onto other items. I’ll post more about this when we officially open the beta later this week.

This is phase one of a multi-phase project to revitalize the game and community with the goal of an official re-release in December for Earth Empires’ 10 year anniversary.

The tentative schedule of activities is as follows:

- Mid August 2019 - Open beta starting
- Fall 2019 - Content/help documentation improvements
- Fall 2019 - Creation of new quality-of-life improvements, Patron/Premium access and credit system to fund development activities + NPC bot improvements
- December 2019 - Email blast to former players + official re-release of the game
- Winter 2020 - Internationalization and additional marketing efforts
- Later in 2020 - Clan hosting integrations within the game and other new feature work

It's an exciting time -- probably the most exciting time in the last 5 to 8 years -- so I hope all the diehard players are as excited as I am! Look for more information on how to play on the new work we’ve done in the coming days.

Thanks for being a part of this community and a big thankyou to everyone who has helped make this work possible :)

-pang

Edited By: Pang on Aug 15th 2019, 15:27:32
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Aphrodite Game profile

Aug 15th 2019, 13:19:06

Would love to see the profiles get done. Maybe a delete handles option as well?
***Aphrodite***
Screw This Game
Derrick <3

http://sota.ghqnet.com

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Aug 15th 2019, 14:58:43

Exciting times
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Aug 15th 2019, 16:47:42

Nice. Cant believe there is a published time framed road map. holy cow!
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Brigg Game profile

Aug 15th 2019, 19:20:27

Now THIS is freaking exciting!
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

Stryke Game profile

Aug 16th 2019, 3:11:24

Originally posted by Aphrodite:
Would love to see the profiles get done. Maybe a delete handles option as well?

I like the Delete Handles option!
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Marshal Game profile

Aug 16th 2019, 20:03:40

I have some handles I don't want to lose, especially the 1 that illegal alien called mARTIAN tipped me to make (ofc he banned it immediately but still).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2019, 4:36:08

Thanks to Pang for getting all this done, and jabroni and Bug & Requiem for helping!

I'm honestly really excited myself to get back into coding EE myself; It's really nice to see this move forward based on the API we've been constructing for a while; I'm hopeful that I'll be able to support the API side, and possibly match pace with bot features that I think will improve the health of the server and overall gameplay.

-qz
Finally did the signature thing.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2019, 15:36:04

with the email blast thing does that mean the email sending to remind you a round has ended and to make a new country thing works again as well?

Kahuna Game profile

Nov 17th 2019, 1:13:38

Hi Pang, great job on the new features. Just a suggestion on the mobile side of the game, since attacks on mobile are slower than PC war attacks maybe incorporate an extra tab when attacking with BR,GS, AB, or missiling that will allow us to send an attack multiple times just like the spy ops tab that allows us to send an op up 10 times per "send attack" button press.. I dont know just a thought, to even things out between mobile and pc users, since phone ppl cant usually participate in warchats effectively by not being able to play turns fast enough in attacks during killruns compared to people playing E.E. from PC and usually get walled or get thier kill stolen with those 10minute kills lol. Please consider your fellow earth players on 📱, thanks.

Edited By: Kahuna on Nov 17th 2019, 1:21:26

allbymyself87 Game profile

Dec 18th 2019, 13:16:22

Originally posted by Pang:

- Fall 2019 - Creation of new quality-of-life improvements, Patron/Premium access and credit system to fund development activities + NPC bot improvements
- December 2019 - Email blast to former players + official re-release of the game
- Later in 2020 - Clan hosting integrations within the game and other new feature work

Any new schedule?
Seems like many things are behind the schedule now?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2019, 2:49:25

I was busier than expected after I went back to work and struggled to keep the progress up as I'd hoped, so everything is delayed at least a few months.

Moving some things forward over the break to hopefully accelerate dev a bit more, we'll see how that goes :thumbsup:
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2019, 3:41:34

Originally posted by enshula:
with the email blast thing does that mean the email sending to remind you a round has ended and to make a new country thing works again as well?

Yes, I'm looking into Amazon's email services which have a pricepoint that means I can turn everything back on.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2019, 7:19:33

nice

if you get a way to pay to skip some of the captcha and 24h exact login schedule that probably allows you to use that for things like the email

i presume the advertising benefit of being high on the 22/24 bonus is replacable as well if it caused that to drop off

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2019, 16:54:29

I'm working on that too -- I have a system in place for it, just need to roll it out. It's all dependent on the new UI, though, so you would need to do all the admin through the new UI but the benefits would be back-ported into the existing game core.

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

allbymyself87 Game profile

Jul 31st 2020, 16:08:43

Originally posted by Pang:

Any new timeline on those?
It seems like less and less players playing this game.
And I'm actually starting to feel bored to war with/against the same few clans/players for few sets in a row already.
The game is so small until it's only a matter of time that entire Alliance server only left with bots playing in there. =/

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Jul 31st 2020, 16:10:43

Ttt
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

wesliey Game profile

Sep 28th 2020, 15:20:02

Can't wait!!!

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2020, 5:07:28

hmmm
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Feb 6th 2021, 5:28:56

TTT
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Feb 6th 2021, 5:29:33

how are they coming along
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Mar 28th 2021, 20:58:54

Ttt
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Apr 16th 2021, 4:23:00

sooooo
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2022, 17:13:50

Soon I hope
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2022, 17:52:35

LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

m0bzta Game profile

Mar 4th 2022, 13:59:45

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Mar 26th 2022, 4:00:16