Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 16th 2020, 21:17:22

Originally posted by Primeval:
I'm honestly not sure if Derrick really believes half the fluff he posts here.

If so, that makes me even more disappointed with the current direction of this game. When players with your "older-style" experience and war background start incorrectly calling things topfeeds, farming, burning bridges, pushing people, harrassment, etc. then we are approaching full non-pvp ingame deterioration.

I do recall you getting a few reality checks in the past on some of the fantasies you post on other game server boards like AT so maybe the world you see is just unique. Either way, I'm quickly growing irritated with the fake news, misinformation, misinterpretation, and hasty opinions.

I'll adress the state of the game after this.

2019-12-15 04:31 Imp (#1626) [IMP] (#582) [LoC] SS 167A (+25A)
2019-12-15 04:31 Imp (#1626) [IMP] (#582) [LoC] SS 201A (+37A)
2019-12-15 04:31 Imp (#1626) [IMP] (#582) [LoC] SS 225A (+52A)
2019-12-15 04:31 Imp (#1626) [IMP] (#582) [LoC] SS 240A (+64A)

That's called farming by anyone's definition and always has been. The hits on sota were also farming by anyone's definition as well. If you have such a problem with the way i talk about imp and want to say im misrepresenting you, then explain how. I'm pissed at imp RIGHT NOW for farming us YESTERDAY. And you want to say that's misrepresentation? You're high.

--------------

In terms of the state of the game, i tend to agree with one crux. A good player in war or netting should want to spend their turns in a manner most effective to building units or networth. I didn't invent the bots but the player base had gotten small enough that i understand their function. That said, land trading with players and trying to maximize returns that way became a largely inefficient way to do either when there's unlimited free land on the server.

Like it or not, the advent of the bots made player to player hits the least effective way to win wars or netting sets. While wars and grabbing still play an integral role in the game, player on player interactions have been reduced to just a way to harm another players set for basically no game. It made these interactions a form of grief and not really much else. Land trading is almost as bad as batching

That to me is unfortunate, but also a fact of the current state of the game. I don't have to like it to evolve as a player and still win sets tho.