Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2020, 16:17:17

Lol primeval does talk like that tho. Hahaha. I don't even think that's an offense to the guy. He is an asshole but most of the time it is warranted. Most.....lol ;)

Either way. 80% of this discussion was positive I think. And 10% of it was random shots on me which is expected most times I post. Let's not quibble over the other 10%.

Originally posted by Chevs:
Enshula you are making my point for me,

SOL RoRd that guy and that guy if he retals again is likely dead.

If you give him a 24-72 hour cooldown to declare war he can’t do any damage before going down, even tho he didn’t start the conflict

Unless I’m not understanding something or seeing the news wrong.

How that example would change:
Stoner canuck would have only been able to do 1 hit not a double tap to open the exchange (and probably at that time would have been alerted to the fact he was accidentally hitting a player if that was the case, but let's assume he was intentionally bullying)
Happy Halloween likely takes 1 retal but is afforded the option of taking two. Let's assume he does take 2. He is up ~200 acres if he takes 1 so he may stop there, but let's assume he fires off a second.
Stoner canuck has to now wait an hour after he did the RoR. At the time he did that RoR, he would not have been allowed to do it. So now he must wait.
After the time is off he RoRs. Happy Halloween can now take 2 more retals or let it go at two hits a side and him way ahead. If he does? Yes probably maybe sol kills him. But theres near to 48 hours of time to talk about it and resolve a fair exchange with the player. And I think the most likely scenarios are that he comes out of it 1:1 or 2:2 rather than 2:3 like he did here.

Under these rules, sol could not kill this country outright if he retals with a surprise attack, they'd have to warn him, and 2 of three hits they did would have been disallowed either because of timing or because of number of hits allowed. Under these rules, the guy could set or see the time he gets to wall, and be well ahead on the exchanges going into it.

So to answer your question, could SOL still bully this guy? Absolutely. But as much and as frequently as they can now? No. I think under these rules, you're more likely looking at a 1 to 1 exchange rather than 5 hits which would have actually protected the guy more.

I get why you'd wanna protect that guy as much as possible when addressing a mechanics change, but I think this does actually step in the direction of protecting him moreso than the current mechanics do, which is to say, they don't.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 19th 2020, 17:21:45
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit