Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2021, 23:03:46

Out of curiosity, are you referring specifically to CA? Because our last federal wage changes were 1968 and 2009. It goes without saying that years we adjusted interest rates (i.e. 2011 at 3.6% inflation) vs raising the minimum wage (1.6% in 2009). 2018 even had a higher rate of inflation than did 2009. I think you are mistaken thinking the 2009 federal min wage change was as impactful on inflation as about a dozen things that occurred since. And even the 40 year period in the middle included years of great inflation without even subtle wage changes.

Again, I think you're putting way to much emphasis on the minimum wage as it pertains to inflation, so maybe I should rephrase.

80.4 million americans are paid by the hour. Only 542k are paid minimum wage. So when we talk about the economic impacts being large on raising about 1/2 of one percent of the country's wages. It's almost indescribably low impact compared to other aspects of the economy on inflation lol. Both 1968 and 2009 had lower rates of inflation than 2018. You'd think if inflation bothers you at all, youd be more focused on 2018 than 2009, because something with a 3% impact should be traumatic to someone who suffered through the 1% impact of the 2009 increase.

The interest rate drops in combo with the trump tax plan sent inflation to its highest point in decades in 2018. Seems like that would bother you if a 1% increase was so noticeable. 3% is like 3x as noticeable as 1% lol.

I guess we just like our inflation to be the product of tax cuts for corporations and the middle class rather than a wage increase for those who actually need it. Hard to fight logic I can not even begin to understand.

How you could be for something like corporate tax cuts that cause inflation to boom and be against something like wages raising because it causes significantly less inflation seems bizarre to me. But then again, I would be extremely aggressive with this economy. So maybe it's a Derrick thing.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 11th 2021, 23:14:04
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit