Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2021, 17:57:23

First point: Yes i think endless friendly wars and rearranged every set with a few parts moved around is tiresome and lame. I like a little spice to it and I think we all do. I don't lead anymore, but if someone asks me what I think mercs should do in a set, I eternally say break pacts and hit fluffing everyone with a warbuild.

The problem is with that, and the reason why we dont do it, is almost everytime I pulled a fast one to blindside SOL or something. It created a dynamic where people put the screws to me and actively try to get me to quit the game for like 1 year afterwards. The same is true for the 1 year long LaF war. Y'all like DO NOT GET OVER IT, and there's no dynamic to stop a year long harassment campaign to get me to quit because I hit your wartag once. You almost get that for a netter, because having months of work destroyed is horribly disheartening and I can attest, but I joined that year long LaF thing half way thru, and its also the case for wardogs. On FFA too. Dont hit unless you want to have garbage OOP wars for the next year. So don't blame me for the fluffty war dynamics. I don't hold grudges for multiple sets or cross servers to ruin sets of my 1a enemies. Blame the fluffing miserable ass people who hate decent wars. Because I never tried to build them unfair for anyone. In fact, as a leader, I always wanted a challange.

2nd point: What you're looking at there is a "griefer op." They have absolutely NO EFFICACY IN WARRING OR NETTING. Same with the oil op. It's just soooooo unbelievably rare that someone actually uses raid oil or burn food or bomb buildings to net or war. I just dont go blaming the people who use the fluffty mechanic for using it. When I say keep your fluff on the market, it's because a bad mechanic exists and not for any other reason. If theres more than 10 people playing a server, some idiot is undoubtedly going to use that stupid mechanic. The problem is the mechanic not the player. And I totally understand cuban for not wanting to play the game with that fluffty mechanic. Makes total sense to me. I think he's right. I fluffing agree with the guy so I donno why my name is brought up as someone with something to say about it. I don't. He's right. It's a crap fluffing mechanic to deal with. The only point of that, and the only way to feel about it, is exactly the way he feels. *shrugs*

I think sometimes people misdirect their anger about a fluffty mechanic and try to blame me for someone else using it. To which my response is "keep your fluff on the market. It's not my fault. Not even my clan." That's true. Cuban's anger is not misdirected. Hes not hitting me up saying it's my fault. He's saying it's a horrible mechanic that makes him quit. And I agree. Its fluffing awful.

Yes. Its partly horribly toxic player attitudes and part horrible ass mechanic, but the combo makes the game near unplayable for him.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 28th 2021, 18:18:04
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit