Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 31st 2021, 20:04:12

I like the idea of giving non-restart countries more initial turns for a few different reasons. The initial part of the game is rather boring: you can't do anything while in protection and the optimal play is to build lots of cs. Who finds building cs to be fun? There are some things I'm looking at in that area to make startups more fun to play, but adding turns is a good measure in the meantime.

If I give new countries 180 turns to start with, all of the NPC countries would immediately play turns and would ideally put some amount of bushels, tech, and military on the public market. That will improve the experience for players because they could buy food off the public market right away instead of waiting for 12+ hours. The downside is that bots tend to run pretty cs heavy in their initial turns, so they might be vulnerable to landkills by players. So it would be safer to give 90 turns to start with, but then you lose some of the market benefits.

I don't believe in NW parity between resets. I think that the game needs a lot of changes and those changes can't be implemented if finishing NWs need to remain the same between resets. I hope that the seasonal model removes the need for NW parity entirely. The idea situation would be only implementing changes at the start of each season. Admittedly, seasons don't exist yet so the NW parity concerns are fair.