Verified:

table4two Game profile

Apr 12th 2021, 10:33:40

Well done to those in the Top 10. Two very impressive finishes from #1 and #2. The top 5 did an outstanding job too, it goes to show how strong a farmer/oiler strat is. I'm particularly impressed with LaF's resilience. You guys swatted away an early suicide like it was nothing, gave the rest of the server an early head start, and still netted impressively. Kudos.

Tmac Game profile

Apr 12th 2021, 15:06:25

Thanks, and agree about laf. Gerdler's an asshole though, lol. In all seriousness though, that's a crazy finish from him after spending a few days warring early. He knew he would have to take risks to catch up, and he pulled it off. I should've stuck to my hybrid plan, but I didn't realize I could've sold oil at $350 and got enough military tech.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 15:14:26

Hmmm looks like Gerdler passed en4 in best 3. I guess the bomb was a complete failure then. :)

Extremely impressive sets from gerdy and tmac. Congrats MONSTERS on ANW win. Also congrats to en4 and the other guy who managed too 5 with restarts. Very solid.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 22:01:28

Failure? How so? We successfully helped Gerd be motivated enough to take risks, overcome adversity, and ultimately win the server. Not only did he win, but he also achieved a greater satisfaction. Because that's what it's all about. Look at what he has accomplished.

I guess you could say, we've never been more successful.

Thanks,
ZEN
Top of the World, Ma
NTN - No Thanks Necessary

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 22:46:55

I love the spin...

10/10
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 23:21:49

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I guess the bomb was a complete failure then.

Never in a million years do you get to define what someone else considers success or failure. Not that I care, just making sure everyone else knows. You talk too much, but you don't talk for anyone else but your own delusions.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2021, 23:24:07

Miss You Req

BlueCow

Apr 12th 2021, 23:49:12

Hmmm looks like Gerdler passed en4 in best 3. I guess the bomb was a complete failure then. :)

Extremely impressive sets from gerdy and tmac. Congrats MONSTERS on ANW win. Also congrats to en4 and the other guy who managed too 5 with restarts. Very solid.

I see you are good at making new friends.
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 12th 2021, 23:52:20

Originally posted by Requiem:

Never in a million years do you get to define what someone else considers success or failure. Not that I care, just making sure everyone else knows. You talk too much, but you don't talk for anyone else but your own delusions.

JamesBond007 Game profile

Apr 13th 2021, 0:15:38

congratsss

Anarchist Game profile

Apr 13th 2021, 0:43:15

Congrats guys

En4cer Game profile

Apr 13th 2021, 1:37:40

I was hoping to hit 1b as a restart. I should have skipped the war effort completely.

cordycsw Game profile

Apr 13th 2021, 3:11:44

Originally posted by En4cer:
I was hoping to hit 1b as a restart. I should have skipped the war effort completely.

lol!

congrats all. 1.4b finish is quite insane!!!

Tinamou Game profile

Apr 13th 2021, 7:14:24

Bonus.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 13th 2021, 11:50:10

Grabbing was better than it has ever been when I netgained. Probably 3rd best set to get high NW I have ever seen. Maybe there is some other ceiling that stops us at one point but basically fewer grabbers on the bots= more NW potential.

Two sets ago I was headed for probably 1.2B NW(which would have won) and apart from a slow start(not as slow as this one lol) I grabbed very well not worse than this set, only difference was higher DR on the bots and lower acreage on the bots.
This set I spent like 450 turns fighting, rebuilding lost buildings and building the wrong buildings before turn 1000, and by turn 2600 I was actually ahead of where I was 2 sets ago in all aspects, because I was grabbing 500 acre SS instead of 300 acre SS.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2021, 12:08:45

Originally posted by BlueCow:

I see you are good at making new friends.

Lol. Just having some fun. That's what I'm here for afterall haha.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2021, 12:09:45

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Grabbing was better than it has ever been when I netgained. Probably 3rd best set to get high NW I have ever seen. Maybe there is some other ceiling that stops us at one point but basically fewer grabbers on the bots= more NW potential.

Two sets ago I was headed for probably 1.2B NW(which would have won) and apart from a slow start(not as slow as this one lol) I grabbed very well not worse than this set, only difference was higher DR on the bots and lower acreage on the bots.
This set I spent like 450 turns fighting, rebuilding lost buildings and building the wrong buildings before turn 1000, and by turn 2600 I was actually ahead of where I was 2 sets ago in all aspects, because I was grabbing 500 acre SS instead of 300 acre SS.

Why do you feel like there was less grabbing? I feel like the war was tiny and like 100 people netted... Just less motivation because of the way the set started?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 13th 2021, 13:06:16

because half the serious netters and some of the less serious spent all/half their set stepping on maggots.

Chevs

Apr 13th 2021, 13:06:22

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Why do you feel like there was less grabbing? I feel like the war was tiny and like 100 people netted... Just less motivation because of the way the set started?

Less players with the same amount of bots.
>war tags have like 10 people in them now
> Monsters non-existent fat countries.
> half of LaF was killing untaggeds all set.

en4cer probably realized this too late cause hes a scrub. he restarted and probably overflowed for a week before noticing bot returns

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2021, 20:32:31

So by that logic never in a million years do YOU get to define what someone else considers success or failure? :-)
Don of LaF

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2021, 21:40:45

I've literally used requiem quotes to explain my position on things to that guy. I think the way he feels about things only applies to himself, or in this case, the one person he's talking to. And something he considers a fluff move from someone else and will complain about, when he does it himself, it's totally fine and everyone is just being mean to him.

Reminds me of me a bit, but I do it consciously because I enjoy pissing people off on AT. I think he's kinda unawares he been acting like me, and shares most of my AT delusional spin and drivel.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2021, 15:59:14

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:

So by that logic never in a million years do YOU get to define what someone else considers success or failure? :-)

I don't see how this applies. Like, do you need confirmation?

Fine. Yes, Gains. That is what Req said. Well done.

Success in understanding goes to you (we probably share that view on success, but feel free to contradict). Failure, in my view, of trolling also goes to you.

And trust me Derrick, Req care level is pretty low. Everything he does and says has nothing to do with self gratification in any way. He measures self gratification, like a fool, outside of this game. While drinking Truly and wearing dresses no doubt.

Lastly (and yes he's my man and I back him always).....when you say "I think the way he feels about things only applies to himself" that is a well put together, irrelevant statement. I would say rarely is the case that it isn't true. If you want to call him a hypocrite, just do it. No need to present it in the following format (summarization of your post):

1. Pre-cursor to statement, include bitterness
2. Overly descriptive definition of statement
3. Empathetic stance on view of person, possible mixture of self view
4. Solidarity of (perceived) view of statement but clear line of distinction on emulation to own self view

I can post it better, feel free to use it.

"Hi Req. Big fan. You and I are the same in that I see us both as hypocrites. People are mean, right? I'm great though. I do it on purpose. You want to be me. AT is a crazy place. Ok bye now"

Success.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2021, 16:29:41

I mean....in a way yes. I wouldnt say I'm great tho.

More just pointing out "you dont speak for anything but your own delusions" is absolutely a fact for both of us haha. The day anyone starts listening to either of us and taking it seriously they should probably have their head examined.