Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2021, 13:55:32

I've always been in favor of clan admins/leaders being able to force members thru game mechanics to behave a certain way. Ideally this would be a stepping stone to pacts being a part of the actual ingame mechanics.

Part of the reason new members struggle here is because there's a list of unwritten rules about multitaps, two stepping, topfeeding, etc. And I think that all comes back to the same feelings I have about collusion on the solos and such, which is to say:

"Anything you're not allowed to do in the game, you should actually be disallowed from doing in the game mechanically. Not have a moderator ban for it after the fact." That's why sots didnt work on team, and that's half the reason moderators get abused. There's too many judgement calls.

I think same goes for clan leaders. Our job gets significantly easier if rather than telling members "these are the rules," and having no way to ensure they follow them, and spending inordinate amounts of time vetting our members thru IPs and such, which assists the dox culture here. If I can just set the rules to join my clan on the front end, I wouldnt have to worry about that stuff.

And I actually think the popularity of warclans would increase due to the freedom in gameplay they will likely offer.