Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 24th 2021, 19:09:23

Yeah. It may be unintended, but this also addresses in a small way, the effects of bomb buildings for a suicider. Which is to say, those out to ruin a set could very easily do so with just that one op, 20 SPAL and some built acres. If I'm doing the math correctly on 0.00015×20k, I get a result of 3. As in the return would be 3 buildings, 15 at 100k acres. That seems extreme to me, but the op itself is generally not used for war and used primarily for griefing, so I'm totally fine with it being useless. But I think if it's going to be totally useless, it might as well not be there at all.

Changing CDs in this manner would complicate war a bit, because returns would be variable instead of fixed. In most cases, people have spies in lower quantities than troops. We'd all like to have more spies than troops, but due to what a lot of people believe to be a flaw in the expenses formula that punishes players for carrying too many spies, we don't. Breaks will, by and large, be much longer processes to calculate. Given all of that, I'd prefer it to be say, 0.05-0.06 min factor.

And ofc CD is too strong in non variable situations, I think my ideal would be something like MIN(0.03 * target troops, 0.06 * your troops, 0.05 * target spies) ish. I think that would allow players to run high enough spies not to have variable returns. That's important because slowing down a warchat dramatically will have severe negative effects on war culture. People actually dont want to sit on IRC for hours calculating breaks, so it's important for people to actually be able to achieve the mins. Were mostly there to do our kills and walling and then chat it up.

Also agree with everyone above on not removing and replacing the "your units" part of the mins. Would just add in spy totals as a 3rd min.

I would be more apt to support this idea wholeheartedly tho, were the expenses formula changed from (1+NW/(2*10^8)) to something like 1/(0.2+ln(NW+1)/20) that would make it slightly easier to maintain a higher spy count. Gerdler posted this formula before and it makes total sense now that NWs are higher from bot farming.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 24th 2021, 19:11:42
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit