Verified:

NitelL Game profile

Jan 17th 2022, 15:36:35

Moving on to the next absolute fluff strat, commie techer.

Who's in?

Rules are similar: Commie from turn 1. No more than 250 ICs all set (to be rebuilt immediately). Labs for the rest of land.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 16:10:20

fluff yeah, these are fun lol I'm in.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2022, 16:48:44

Commie techer isn't nearly as bad as tyr casher or 0cs. It may not be one of the best strats but definatly has potential for 45-60m NW on a decently normal reset.

Do you guys want every challenge to be no-spying or what?

I had close to 1k ICs last set with my tyr techer, and I didn't spy more than 2-3 bots because I failed ~10x on one of them.. So my ICs were mostly for defensive purposes. 250 ICs means blind-senders will save so many turns since those who spy will fail so much. So its a blind-hitting challenge mostly. :)

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 17th 2022, 16:53:32

I am in for this challenge. Btw this set I tried commie teacher in tourney it wasn’t good so went to Indy instead haha

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2022, 16:58:46

So a tech-start commie indy then! Thats legit in primary, and probably tournament as well. :)

You are becomming a netter SuperFly!!

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 17th 2022, 17:12:36

Originally posted by Gerdler:
So a tech-start commie indy then! Thats legit in primary, and probably tournament as well. :)

You are becomming a netter SuperFly!!

I just felt like trying something different but it ended as a tech start. It was actually in team not tourney where I was commie techer. Got my servers confused.

Btw I also recently tried a Ratski rainbow in express. It wasn’t absolute trash but it wasn’t good or mediocre either.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2022, 17:28:06

Wari always plays Ratski's strat, but gets 50-75m NW with it. :)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 18:04:01

Commie techer isn't nearly as bad as tyr casher or 0cs. It may not be one of the best strats but definatly has potential for 45-60m NW on a decently normal reset.

I had close to 1k ICs last set with my tyr techer, and I didn't spy more than 2-3 bots because I failed ~10x on one of them.. So my ICs were mostly for defensive purposes. 250 ICs means blind-senders will save so many turns since those who spy will fail so much. So its a blind-hitting challenge mostly. :)

I really didn't have any issues with spying, I maybe bounced a handful all set 🤷‍♂️
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Hellrush Game profile

Jan 17th 2022, 18:05:05

Superfly will always be a suicider

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 18:07:31

Originally posted by Hellrush:
Superfly will always be a suicider

You sound like a broken record bro, join our challenge!
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2022, 21:26:48

We may yet reform him, Hellrush! If he gets bitten by the netter-mite he will change his ways entirely and forever!!! Come join in this effort to make people out of him!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 21:32:06

A commie techer sounds like an interesting challenge. Are we grabbing? Are we restricted to low spies? I like being able to spy the bots. I don't understand the reasoning behind limiting spies. But I'll go along with it of there's some good reason.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 21:35:39

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I really didn't have any issues with spying, I maybe bounced a handful all set 🤷‍♂️
(•_•)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 21:53:19

So can I build as many spies as I want? Gerdler will kick my ass with his blind sending but thats OK. I think I'd like to give this challenge a try since I have so much time on my hands with my Team country on vacation.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 22:05:47

250 IC max, teching Indy will yield higher spy production, whatever you can get on that IC limit :-)
(•_•)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 22:08:14

ok then, I'm in.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2022, 22:17:14

Even when I net without spying I rarely restrict myself to 250 ICs, so I think it's such a strange thing to do. It's not up to me but as long as you don't do a commie indy with a few labs I see no reason why one should restrict ICs this much. We all know what a techer looks like.

It's still a techer if it has 80% labs 15% ICs 5% CS or whatever. For netting purposes the country with 85% labs 10% ICs, 5% CS will be better. and the country with 90% labs, 5% ICs and 5% CS will be better still.

I suggest making a limit of like 1500 ICs so no one gets the idea of doing a techstart CI and then just keeping a few labs, calling it a techer or some crap like that... It's a techer challenge, and I believe we all know what a techer looks like. This way its not a blind-send challenge, it's a commie techer challenge as advertised. :)

NitelL Game profile

Jan 17th 2022, 22:45:26

I had no problems spying bots with 250 ICs all set (rebuilt immediately, even if i had barren land - just following rules and making it more challenging). I might've failed maybe 1-2 ops all set?

Commie techer not necessarily the worst strat but it IS probably in the bottom 2 with tyranny casher lol

I'm all for the low IC limit like we did for tyranny casher. It's harder yes, but I rarely failed spy ops too. I just want to make sure no one is using ICs to produce non-spies which could happen at 1k ICs, which early game will be a much faster start than straight up techer.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 23:01:54

I agreed to the 250 IC's because thats what you've all been doing. But I usually have about 10% IC's and then destroy them when I stop my main grabbing. Having spyops is easier on my poor brain than trying to guess what the break is. I would be glad to have a limit of 1500 IC's and use IC's only for making spies.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2022, 23:52:17

I think it's more viable with a 250 IC limit on a Commie Techer challenge than a tyr casher challenge because with a techer spying isnt as important plus its easy to stay defended and intimidating for potential aggressors when playing a techer.

That said, it seems just as motivated to add a CS limit, either upper or lower.

how about an absolute max of 47 CS? Or a minimum of 802 CS? This should make it more challenging as well, right?

For me the point of a weird-strat duel, is to make the most of the games mechanics, your game knowledge etc and play as optimally as you can to overcome the inherent weakness of the weird strategy you are playing. What I would like to see is different takes on how to do that, not identical countries because the rules restrict Getafix to play almost exactly like Nitell.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2022, 23:54:23

If you're hitting bots you can get away with 250 IC making spies, NitelL and I didn't have bounce issues, can't speak for others in the last few challenges, you really don't need a ton of spies, I don't get the argument for more 🤷‍♂️
(•_•)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2022, 0:22:43

I can see why you would want to restrict everyone to 250 IC's. I agree to it. Let the games begin!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 18th 2022, 0:23:21

The arguement is not that we cant spy the bots. The arguement is that the challenge is supposedly a "commie techer challenge" not a "commie techer with less than 251 ICs, 63% tax rate, max 47cs, no buying or teching residential/medical/SDI tech".

You are adding restrictions that remove the strategy aspect from the challenge, to some degree. You shouldn't do that to ANY degree, imo. The rules should only make certain that all parties are Commie and Techer, and the rest should be up to them. More strategic breadth and variation between the challengers should be encouraged, not discouraged. :)

I guess the best grabber has a solid advantage in this one any way you do it. But there should be more ways than one to set you apart from the competition, imo. As I said I dont think the number of ICs matter much to this duel, it is the principle of the rule. It aims to streamline all players to play exactly the same, when the variation, be it by choice or by circumstance, could be a difference-maker.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2022, 0:42:26

If it bothers you so much then build as many as you want, I don't care, I'll go with 250, I don't need more, the tech has more value anyway 🤷‍♂️
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 18th 2022, 1:04:17

Ok, I can see that my point isn't getting across at all lol.

You are adding restrictions that remove the strategy aspect from the challenge, to some degree. You shouldn't do that to ANY degree, imo. The rules should only make certain that all parties are Commie and Techer, and the rest should be up to them. More strategic breadth and variation between the challengers should be encouraged, not discouraged. :)

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 18th 2022, 1:06:17

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2022, 1:09:44

It means a lot to me because I HATE failing spyops and and I also hate missing hits, so its a real downer having inadequate spies. If I grab to 25k acres I don't think 250 IC's is enough. So thanks, I'll just make my usual number of spies with the Commie techer.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2022, 1:16:19

Ok, I can see that my point isn't getting across at all lol.

I get your point Gerdler. You may play with no spies and have a big advantage because you know how to estimate breaks better. I may have the big expense of more spies and have a big disadvantage on the final NW because of it. An arbitrary rule limiting my spies just forces me to play like you. I wouldn't cheat in some way with my IC's and not be a techer.

NitelL Game profile

Jan 18th 2022, 16:33:40

I'm ok if some folks want more ICs, I'll stick with 250 ICs as well. (With the commie bonus I expect to have even more spies with my 250 ICs this set.)

I think the key here is self-policing again - ICs not to be used to produce anything other than spies. (Please no commie indy starts lol) We playing a text based game 20 years past its prime so all honour-based here!

Let the games begin (:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2022, 17:03:47

Weeeee
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2022, 19:57:45

Unused Lands 15,582

Hi KYLE :-)
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jan 21st 2022, 20:16:46

Quite funny, considering literally almost any bot at that point in the set would have given a larger acreage payout than hitting you (twice, at that) without any risk of retaliation.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2022, 21:45:52

16,113 acres of rubble
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 21st 2022, 21:48:09

Unused Lands 15,582

now that is a proper AB run... his set ended already.

Now if you had done 30 ABs, he could have just shrugged it off, rebuilt and kept farming people with the DR you gave him, so they couldnt retal. But you did 180 like a boss. He wanna grab? Well he can, but he won't like the result, plus now it will probably be possible to defend against him since his income is nil!

GJ Koh. I see so many runs of 5-15 ABs or worse 10-30 GS which more or less helps these people. This is textbook, he is flattered!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2022, 22:12:11

Unused Lands 15,582

now that is a proper AB run... his set ended already.

Now if you had done 30 ABs, he could have just shrugged it off, rebuilt and kept farming people with the DR you gave him, so they couldnt retal. But you did 180 like a boss. He wanna grab? Well he can, but he won't like the result, plus now it will probably be possible to defend against him since his income is nil!

GJ Koh. I see so many runs of 5-15 ABs or worse 10-30 GS which more or less helps these people. This is textbook, he is flattered!

Thanks, yes I get irritated when I see those AB runs that don't do fluff, you either kill or AB to the ground, no in-between.
(•_•)

mac23 Game profile

Jan 21st 2022, 22:22:05

+1 :)

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 22nd 2022, 15:02:03

Well I been so busy that I have logged it into 360-360 turns twice now so I assume I have missed 120+ turns.

I won’t be placing well at alll now

NitelL Game profile

Jan 22nd 2022, 15:46:18

I have to say that Commie Techer is turning out to be nowhere close to Tyranny Casher rough where I was struggling to even get it off the ground. lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 22nd 2022, 16:43:44

If only someone had told you that before:

Kahuna Game profile

Jan 23rd 2022, 5:10:46

Originally posted by NitelL:
I have to say that Commie Techer is turning out to be nowhere close to Tyranny Casher rough where I was struggling to even get it off the ground. lol

...*inhales sharply* Nite cant even get it up.*mic drop*