Verified:

bayrock Game profile

May 10th 2022, 8:16:37

There is FREEDOM and FREEDOM2 with more than the max members is that allowed?

m0bzta Game profile

May 10th 2022, 12:48:22

yes
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2022, 17:05:16

It shouldn't be but is.

bayrock Game profile

May 11th 2022, 0:20:56

Can someone explain how that is allowed on Team???????????????

Any historical post about this or anything? Seems nonsensical

SuperFly Game profile

May 11th 2022, 0:57:05

Bayrock it is simple; Here on teams no rules so whatever you want to do is fine. However you might be AB’ed for no reason, You might be farmed, you might be killed or maybe you are left alone.

Always luck of the draw here in the Wild West of teams

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 11th 2022, 1:16:37

Old school, most people didn't accept cross-clan retals, but the same name groups were obviously uNAP'd and would war together as needed.

bayrock Game profile

May 11th 2022, 1:35:46

Why do there seem to be rules in every server that are not described in the rules section?????????????????????

SuperFly Game profile

May 11th 2022, 4:44:28

Originally posted by bayrock:
Why do there seem to be rules in every server that are not described in the rules section?????????????????????

Dude FFS I told you on express board. It’s basically whatever the majority wants on each server.

Express - no pvp cuz there is bots. You hit a player you are a griefer.

Alliance - hit bots only or you will be farmed or killed

Primary - farm the piss out of whoever you want until they missle you or AB you and your set is then over.

Team - become someones farm land or kill target is your likely outcome this set.

Most important part is don’t let randoms that you don’t know in your tag cuz they are likely suiciders who will get your entire team killed

Edited By: SuperFly on May 11th 2022, 4:46:31

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 11th 2022, 6:14:10

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Dude FFS I told you on express board. It’s basically whatever the majority wants on each server.

Primary - farm the piss out of whoever you want until they missle you or AB you and your set is then over.

Team - become someones farm land or kill target is your likely outcome this set.

Most important part is don’t let randoms that you don’t know in your tag cuz they are likely suiciders who will get your entire team killed

El culi cagado no entiende, se cree muy berraco el gonarrea.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2022, 8:47:12

Originally posted by SuperFly:

You forgot Tourney:
Hit no one for fear of retaliation in 2-3 resets time.

And FFA:
Multi version of Alliance.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 17th 2022, 16:58:08

It wasn't always allowed, and once upon a time Mods did fight to uphold it. In the end, they gave up, and this server has since been a failed experiment.

Welcome to Alliance 2.0.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2022, 3:13:41

Close the war room....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 18th 2022, 5:14:05

Originally posted by Requiem:
It wasn't always allowed, and once upon a time Mods did fight to uphold it. In the end, they gave up, and this server has since been a failed experiment.

Welcome to Alliance 2.0.

I recall seeing a discussion amongst players and mods alike and the large consensus wanted to remove that limitation

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 18th 2022, 11:31:29

And your point is?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 25th 2022, 16:54:09

And your point is?

I wasnt in the discussion but looking back, I wouldn't agree with the statement that the mods gave up. - my point, I suppose

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 18:49:52

Originally posted by Primeval:
And your point is?

I wasnt in the discussion but looking back, I wouldn't agree with the statement that the mods gave up. - my point, I suppose

It was too much for the staff to handle, i don't blame you guys.
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 19:58:41

And your point is?

Where is tella? It wasn't a slander on the mods but it is a fact they gave up on SOTS otherwise we would still have it.

And how active were you back then because I was :D

EDIT: my ultimate point still stands, this server is a failed experiment.

Edited By: Requiem on May 25th 2022, 20:01:45

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 22:09:08

I just looked at your position on the Leaderboard for Team Requiem, and you've played a grand total of 6 sets. So who are you to make any comment at all about the Team server? Piss off with all your negativity and criticism of a game you don't even play.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 22:15:36

I'll give you the benefit of being ignorant, but you can't see all of my past games. Only the games post-Slagpit change that opens up the profile after a set.

I played during the pivotal sets, the first few, and was discouraged after I realized it was Alliance 2.0.

So Getafix - what is your point? Quit being butt hurt I upset you in another thread.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 22:25:45

Every time I look at the forums I see you posting about how the game is a failure, and delete the war room buttons etc. Very tiresome.

Game Profile for Requiem on the Team Server

Leaderboard Score Rank
Networth $316,187,354 #139
Land 160,245 #206
Top 100 29 #88

So I guess you do have 29 games in. Still very tiresome and pretty irrelevant

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 22:28:31

Ok - someone with a differing opinion you are not tolerant of.

Check. I'd rather have a more intellectual conversation, but hey, bigoted old men...

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 25th 2022, 22:42:55

And your point is?

Where is tella? It wasn't a slander on the mods but it is a fact they gave up on SOTS otherwise we would still have it.

I disagree with that part. While I'm sure enforcing SOTS rules was a pain in the ass, there was overwhelming support from everyone to remove it. A couple years after it was removed there were discussions here about bringing it back and the player support for it was slim. If there was large support and good arguments for it now, I see no reason we wouldn't at least consider it.

And how active were you back then because I was :D

Hard to say. It was 7 years ago and I never had an overly strong opinion of this server as a player. But you'll find the suspension of SOTS thread on page 44 here at the moment.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 22:45:01

I just disagree with your opinion Requiem. I don't think you have much experience of Team to make an opinion. Sort of like Marshall always had an opinion, even though he didn't play the game. Come back and tell us how to fix Team when you've played for a few years.

Thanks

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 22:57:43

Much better. I still don't see how this isn't a failed experiment and is nothing more than Alliance 2.0.

I've been here from the beginning so I have the same right to an opinion as you.

Prime seems to only have an issue with my statement about mods giving up, and I get that.

There were at one time many players who supported SOTS, many of them quit sadly.

Edited By: Requiem on May 25th 2022, 23:00:03

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 25th 2022, 23:03:51

It's not like the main issues with team stem from a group having two tags anyway. I would even go so far as to say that the recent wars, which were interesting to some and pointless to others, would have just been far less interesting for those who wanted them and far more pointless to those who were forced into them as well.

I suppose the spirit thing solved a real problem way back when, that might have been more pronounced when some groups could fill 3-4 teams regularily. But that is no longer the case.

Could someone point me to a problem that is present and pressing today that would be solved by SOTS the way they used to be implemented, please.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 23:10:08

I find that Team is the most entertaining server. It has the best turn rate at 4/hour, and a relatively short set length of one month, so if you get wiped out its not as bad as losing a two month investment of time. Its the best server for netting in my opinion, and the most fun for warring. Best of all, the market is driven by human players rather than bot programmers. Sometimes unusual strategies are effective here because of that.

Its nothing like Alliance. There are groups that are loosely based on Alliance clans, but individual players have more of an impact here than clans. Teams are generally pretty independent, though they do form alliances for wars, such as the war against Boltar and the TSO group a few years ago, and more recently against the Borg.

So I would argue that its not a "failed experiment" but an entertaining game.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 25th 2022, 23:28:02

Some valid points, but to me, the issue still is and always has been that the purpose of the server is to have smaller 5-man teams, not larger teams that span more than one tag. That was the differentiator here, at least for me.

If the standard for that is just because someone hasn't massively abused it recently, then that is the game developer(s) decision.

If I'm not mistaken, at one point there was discussion about removing the server completely from the game or changing it to something else.

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 26th 2022, 22:33:40

Way long ago I was in DBD and we regularly had 3 tags, sometimes 4. But we never cross tag retal.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2022, 17:29:07

Yeah, it seems I am one of the few lone survivors of the SOTS rules. If the majority are not in support of that then it is what you want. Neither answer is right or wrong depending on how you look at it.

I played like the first 10 sets of the server and loved the idea of small 5v5 units going for the top.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2022, 18:15:47

I played through both eras, and yeah, I think it makes sense with whatever the players want. Alliances and diplomacy has always been part of the server though, but at least having independent names/groups helps encourage people to act independently a bit more and not group up on two man tags with 8+ people.

m0bzta Game profile

May 27th 2022, 18:20:51

Originally posted by PapaSmurf:
Way long ago I was in DBD and we regularly had 3 tags, sometimes 4. But we never cross tag retal.

Papa is that you?
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 30th 2022, 17:02:38

I just had to read 125 pages of this server to read a ton of messy threads over SoTS stuff. I am not sure who I should blame for this.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Symbolic Game profile

May 30th 2022, 21:15:08

Originally posted by galleri:
I just had to read 125 pages of this server to read a ton of messy threads over SoTS stuff. I am not sure who I should blame for this.

Just shut it all down so we can get on with our lives.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 31st 2022, 1:47:08

Galleri lol-- waste of your time. Also only a select few people post on the forums much of the communication is irc/ outside of the game.

Thinking you can deduct much from old posts is moronic at best. (that just means it's a bad idea not calling you a moron)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 31st 2022, 2:36:13

Galleri lol-- waste of your time. Also only a select few people post on the forums much of the communication is irc/ outside of the game.

Thinking you can deduct much from old posts is moronic at best. (that just means it's a bad idea not calling you a moron)

I mean some of the reading was pretty entertaining. I forgot about a lot of things that happened in all those years. lol

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2022, 21:36:38

Originally posted by Symbolic:

Stop blaming fast food for your health issues, it's as simple as don't eat it.....
(•_•)

Symbolic Game profile

Jun 3rd 2022, 21:49:05

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Stop blaming fast food for your health issues, it's as simple as don't eat it.....

I don't eat fast food, only chickens I harvest myself.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 4th 2022, 0:26:24

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I don't eat fast food, only chickens I harvest myself.

Never seen a chicken run?
(•_•)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 6th 2022, 6:07:03

Wow.

2022-06-05 21:17:45 BR belief isnt real (#8) Tittlebits (#6) FREEDOM2 27B 7 C

Just wow - a solo kill and #6 even logged in and did AB's. I guess I don't war a lot, but doing that solo over a few days is impressive to me. Maybe they need all the tags they can get?