Verified:

guen Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 21:33:34

My attacks don't work. If target has 100 turrets 26 troops 5 tanks (these are just ratios) and a defense ally. how many jets and tanks should i send to break in a PS or SS? I would think 120 jets and 20 tanks would be enough. Could someone explain PS and SS using an example to help me understand where I'm going wrong. And I see some players taking in excess 500 Acres off some players. What am I doing wrong that I can't get that much in one PS or SS

Marshal Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 22:39:40

ally gives ~25% more def and then there is govt factor (if target is dict you need to add another 25%) and weapons tech (for example target has 115% weapons tech so you need to send 15% more forces) etc.

basdically: break is def's units + govt (if dict) + weap tech + allies (can't more than double def's forces) + pang factor 10%

military strategy tech helps on landgains aka gives you more land also its better to hit countries which have ~10% more land than you have.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SethMosrite Game profile

Mar 27th 2014, 0:37:54

defensive power (calculted in jets needed to break): turret = 1 tank = 2 troop = 0.5

in your example raw defensive power = 123

Weapons tech boosts defensive power

Defense bonus boosts defensive power

Dictator boosts defensive power 1.25x

Defensive allies boost defensive power up to 2x

For your example lets assume that you and your target have no weapons tech.
We will assume that neither you or your target is a Dict or Rep.
Let's also assume that your target has defensive allies that you are not going to spy.

Jets to send on a PS:
((2*123)/1.5)*1.1 = 180.4

Jets to send on a SS
(2*123)*1.1 = 270.6

Edit: and check your readiness! (that's the one that I forget sometimes)

Edited By: SethMosrite on Mar 28th 2014, 1:21:42
See Original Post

SethMosrite Game profile

Mar 27th 2014, 0:39:12

Your actual land gains will be affected by attack type, DR, millitary strategy tech, govt type, NW difference, etc.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Mar 27th 2014, 0:55:55

Originally posted by Marshal:
ally gives ~25% more def

NOT QUITE CORRECT!

EACH DEFENSIVE ALLY WILL CONTRIBUTE 25 PERCENT OF *HIS OWN* FORCES IN THE DEFENSE OF YOUR TARGET.

SO, IF EACH DEFENSIVE ALLY IS *EXACTLY* THE SAME SIZE AS YOUR TARGET, THEN YES EACH OF THEM WILL INCREASE HIS STRENGTH BY 25%. HOWEVER, IF THEY ARE MUCH LARGER, THEY MAY CONTRIBUTE MUCH MORE. DEFENSIVE ALLIES CAN POTENTIALLY DOUBLE THE STRENGTH OF YOUR TARGET.

THE ONLY WAY TO CONCLUSIVELY DETERMINE THE STRENGTH OF YOUR TARGET - IF YOUR INTELLIGENCE OPERATION REVEALS THAT HE HAS ALLIANCE EXPENSES - IS TO THEN OBTAIN AN ALLY SPY OP ON HIM, AND THEN OBTAIN INTELLIGENCE ON EACH OF HIS DEFENISVE ALLIES.

AS MARSHAL NOTES, YOU MUST ALSO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT GOVT TYPE (+20% FOR DICTATORS, -10% FOR REPUBLICS) WEAPONS TECH, AND YOUR CHOSEN ATTACK TYPE. PLANNED STRIKES ATTACK AT 150% POWER.

SO, AS YOU REQUESTED: AN EXAMPLE!

JOHNNY HAS ZERO TROOPS, 500,000 TURRETS AND 25,000 TANKS. HE IS DEFENSIVELY ALLIED TO PETER AND FELICIA. PETER HAS 675,000 TROOPS, 100,000 TANKS AND AN INCURABLE VENEREAL DISEASE. FELICIA HAS 397,155 JETS, 1,000,000 TURRETS AND SOME LEFT OVER TACO BELL.

JOHNNY IS A DICTATOR AND HAS WEAPONS TECH OF 121%. YOU ARE A REPUBLIC, AND HAVE 137% WEAPONS TECH AND A SLIGHT HEADACHE.

IF YOU WISH TO MOUNT A SUCCESSFUL PLANNED STRIKE ON JOHNNY, HOW MANY SAM ADAMS BOSTON LAGERS MUST YOU CONSUME? PLEASE SHOW YOUR WORK!

HA!

SAM
HEAD TRAINER,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

guen Game profile

Mar 27th 2014, 2:05:46

yeah, you must be drunk. ha ha

Though the strength of ther ally is important i have never spied allies before and don't intend to start doing so. But with a Sam Adams in hand I will make a wild guess and hope for the best. Here I go with 2 ps and 1 ss

Marshal Game profile

Mar 27th 2014, 5:00:56

if you don't spy ally's/allies forces then just double def's forces and hope best.

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 27th 2014, 16:12:47

send 2.2x everything if unsure.

Cannon Game profile

Mar 27th 2014, 23:49:21

SAM, If I ally with Felicia do I get 25% of her taco bell?

SethMosrite Game profile

Mar 28th 2014, 1:13:51

If you are not a techer, I don't see any reason not to spy allies.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 28th 2014, 16:19:22

Originally posted by SethMosrite:
If you are not a techer, I don't see any reason not to spy allies.

that's your decision and extra military you lose.