Verified:

Cable Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 12:39:17

I see food at 110 and 0 agri tech

your gonna fluff me around with prices like that ill be selling you tech at 5000 a peice to compensate. I suggest all techers follow suit and only undercut by 5-10 till prices drop.

dibert Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 13:31:04

Over 11.5 million bushels purchased in one hour...then price jumps to 115...it would appear that one country or one small group of countries is playin with the market prices...im gonna have to wait this one out. It HAS to come back down...hasnt been over 36 for over a week...this is NOT an issue of a supply shortage.

We need to not buy into this game of whoever did this...it only makes it worth it to him and validates his efforts.

TDA101 Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 13:49:05

fluff off. I wanna sell my food high!

edfjr Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 17:00:26

Everything fluctuates in the market. People will start storing turns to wait for food prices to come down. People stop buying food, then food prices come down.

Everyone with 80/60 turns start using their turns, food runs out and prices go up. Navigating and predicting the market changes is what makes a good player into an elite.

No farmers can really grow with food selling @36. So farmers are lagging behind the commies big time. Want food prices to stay under $100. Buy their food at $50 let them grow in size and supply goes up. Price stays steady.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2013, 17:49:28

Originally posted by Cable:
I see food at 110 and 0 agri tech

your gonna fluff me around with prices like that ill be selling you tech at 5000 a peice to compensate. I suggest all techers follow suit and only undercut by 5-10 till prices drop.
If you charge the farmers $5000 for Ag tech, even less food will be produced and you'll see higher prices than otherwise
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cable Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 17:58:29

Then I guess were at a stalemate Blid, and food prices at 36 still allow players to grow just fine. With prices fairly low across the board commies/techers that's no excuse to not be growing. I've run a many of sets as a farmer and had no problems staying in the top 50 all set. No excuses play like a champ, but blid is right raising prices will slow production down. Economics say as your cost of living goes up your income needs to go up as well. Hence military costs go up, tech goes up and the cashers.... well sorry guys your butt gets hurt becuase you have to pay more in general.

TDA101 Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 17:42:31

Higher tech prices is worst than higher food prices.

Higher food prices isnt even that bad unless you are a casher.

A higher food price is going to give the farmer more money than it is cutting into your income.

A rise of like $5 might what, cost you an extra 10-20k a turn for a commie? HOLY fluff fluffING TIME TO QUIT.

Herbs Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 17:45:56

Theo cashier strat become useless with high food prices.

Cable Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 23:34:12

A rise in 5 isnt a big deal, when it quadruples over night thats an issue.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 4:20:01

Lol. Yeah.

It was pretty cheap this morning. Glad I grabbed already.
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 4:21:16

Oh that was yesterday anyways. Lol. Prices were normal all day. :-)
The EEVIL Empire

Kaididdy Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 17:13:06

Its enjoyable to see people panic when the market fluctuates, who realistically believes that the price of food could remain at 115? Who buys bushels at that price? Nobody.

Nejer Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 4:47:48

I concur, such prices are too high for food. I would suggest buying agri science whenever possible and constructing some farms to offset the higher prices...

Marshal Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 13:23:27

Originally posted by Nejer:
I concur, such prices are too high for food. I would suggest buying agri science whenever possible and constructing some farms to offset the higher prices...

wrong, other buildings than what your strat requires actually lowers your income from production and if loses 10k+ bushels per turn then you would need quite much farms to get positive bushel production and spending money on agritech would be away from your strat techs and/or stocking money.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

edfjr Game profile

Nov 22nd 2013, 3:11:16

Marshal that kind of thinking is what keeps people down. This is basically an algebra game.

The X and Y values change constantly. You have to keep inputting the changing variables everyday to see what is best. Always having the same type of buildings isn't always best. For example if oil goes to $500+, All sorts of non F's will start building a small % oil rigs. Because even tho you're playing Demo farmer or C indy, the oil rigs are worth the investment.

Another example is at higher acreage, sometimes near the end of round it costs more money to teardown and rebuild then the income you'll get from the building.

Don't mislead people into a narrow minded field of vision. Let them do the algebra and decide what is best.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2013, 3:34:38

Commies should make their own food past a certain price too, and I think it's only like $50, but that's IF the commie has good ag tech which would be really hard to pull off.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 22nd 2013, 11:49:33

fasc farmer making oil too is totally different thing than for example rep casher making its own bushels since fasc has bonus on oil producing, rep casher would need to spend small fortune on agritech (unless is really lucky and gets agritech on cheap price) and then get land for farms to get positive bushel production (every farm produces 5.3 bushels so if rep loses 25k bushels per turn it would need ~5k farms w/o agritech to get positive bushel production).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....